Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When asking the GOV'T for Money, don't fly your Corporate Jet!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong again general, man, your just so hateful, whats your deal?

General said: Oh come on now. Since when do they have to announce who gets on one of your planes? If they decide to bring whoever, they can bring them at the last minute. How can you clear that? If an owner wants to bring a hooker onboard, there is nothing you can do about it, and same goes for someone else who may have nefarious intentions. Also, the owner decided which FBO you fly out of or into, and he/she may pick the one that doesn't have a scanner, or just pick a city outside BOS with a smaller FBO. Lot's of loopholes, which might not be safe.

Sorry, wrong, I'm sure we do it pretty much the same as your company. Ask your netjet friends to explain it to you, I'm not going into details to please your ignorance.

So, after all this controversy, I bid adeiu. You guys have fun with this thread, since all I wanted do was point out the hypocracy of CEOs bringing themselves to Congress in their shiny jets, asking for handouts or thanking them for handouts. When will they ever learn? Bye now.

How about the hypocracy of the government officials being jetted all over? Most of them were voted into the positions they are in. None of them are where they are from making money for the companies they represent.

You really "bid adeiu" because you got your ass handed to you. What is an airline guy even doing on this section anyway?

I can see you siding with the government on this issue, you seem to have the same elitist attitude.

Oh come on now. Since when do they have to announce who gets on one of your planes? If they decide to bring whoever, they can bring them at the last minute. How can you clear that? If an owner wants to bring a hooker onboard, there is nothing you can do about it, and same goes for someone else who may have nefarious intentions. Also, the owner decided which FBO you fly out of or into, and he/she may pick the one that doesn't have a scanner, or just pick a city outside BOS with a smaller FBO. Lot's of loopholes, which might not be safe.

So, after all this controversy, I bid adeiu. You guys have fun with this thread, since all I wanted do was point out the hypocracy of CEOs bringing themselves to Congress in their shiny jets, asking for handouts or thanking them for handouts. When will they ever learn? Bye now.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That's absolute crap. At my company, and I assume all fractionals, every single passenger's ID is checked by the crew against the manifest and no fly list. The flight cannot be released until the no fly list has been run for every passenger. If that means taking a 5 min delay while dispatch runs the names through the computer, so be it.

This thread is ridiculous. The hack that wrote the article failed to realize these bankers aren't asking for money. They're meeting to determine what went wrong last time, and to figure out how to prevent it in the future. Nearly all of those in attendance have paid back every penny of the TARP money plus interest.

I would expect more from a professional aviator. It was an outrageous article meant to further inflame the masses based on biased and sensationalized reporting. That article was about selling newspapers and class warfare. Then you jump on the band wagon to support your ridiculous agenda. You may as well go on NBC after the next air disaster and speculate wildly on what went wrong. You are an embarrassment to Delta and our profession.

I'm gonna say it in caps, just so the General understands:

NOBODY WAS BEGGING FOR UNCLE SAM'S MONEY YESTERDAY.

The bankers were called before Congress for a hearing by the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission.

Showing up in a business jet, after being called to testify before Congress, is NOT the same thing as putting your hand out and asking for money.

Anybody with a 3rd grade reading comprehension level should have been able to glean as much from the first two paragraphs of the article Gen Lee posted...

That's absolute crap. At my company, and I assume all fractionals, every single passenger's ID is checked by the crew against the manifest and no fly list. The flight cannot be released until the no fly list has been run for every passenger. If that means taking a 5 min delay while dispatch runs the names through the computer, so be it.

This thread is ridiculous. The hack that wrote the article failed to realize these bankers aren't asking for money. They're meeting to determine what went wrong last time, and to figure out how to prevent it in the future. Nearly all of those in attendance have paid back every penny of the TARP money plus interest.

I would expect more from a professional aviator. It was an outrageous article meant to further inflame the masses based on biased and sensationalized reporting. That article was about selling newspapers and class warfare. Then you jump on the band wagon to support your ridiculous agenda. You may as well go on NBC after the next air disaster and speculate wildly on what went wrong. You are an embarrassment to Delta and our profession.

Ditto!
You said before i could write it.

And don't fly Delta either!

<h3 class="r"><h3 class="r">Delta Airlines seeks subsidy for serving Muskegon airport ...

Jul 25, 2009 ... MUSKEGON COUNTY -- Faced with losing money serving the Muskegon market, Delta Airlines will seek a federal subsidy to keep the county ...
www.mlive.com/news/.../delta_airlines_seeks_subsidy_f.html
</h3>

Up Next: A Bailout For Airlines? - The Atlantic Business Channel

Dec 15, 2009 ... They were able to get a slight bailout after 911 by using it as a cover ... With American, United, Continental, Delta, USAirway, Southwest, ...
business.theatlantic.com/2009/.../up_next_a_bailout_for_airlines.php
</h3>Delta Airlines seeks subsidies for Tupelo flights | Latest flights ...

Jul 16, 2009 ... Delta Air Lines Inc. is trying to get a federal subsidy for flights into Tupelo Regional Airport due to a drop in customer demand and a rise ...
www.travelhouseuk.co.uk/.../delta-airlines-seeks-subsidies-for-tupelo-flights/

Tallahassee flights may get easier, cheaper - Sun Sentinel

Delta Air Lines, the world's largest airline, may get a government subsidy to resume nonstop flights this year between Tallahassee and three Florida cities, ...
articles.sun-sentinel.com/.../0902030393_1_tallahassee-flights-gulfstream-international-airlines-delta-air-lines

OPECJET loves to slam the airlines, yet can't see that accidents happen all over.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Show me where I slam the airlines.

If you call pointing out that there are many mainline types out there who seem to carry a sense of entitlement slamming the airlines you'd be right. You'd also be right if you call pointing out how with few exceptions, the majors sold off scope to the point of ending careers before they began, well, you'd be right about that too. Same about lamenting the rise of contract carriers. I've also pointed out that there is a complete lack of customer service with the airlines. I don't think I ever admitted my guilt in perpetuating that, but any passenger who ever had to sit through one of my PAs when I was at the airlines should be entitled to a refund. How's that?

What you don't realize, or probably care to realize, is that I spent time at the airlines. Flew with your buddy WSurf. I also busted my hump on the MEC and tried to make a difference within the company. Like most pilots who do so, nothing was different from the day I started to the day I finished. What have you done within your pilot group?

Funny, with the exception of the mainline sense of entitlement, I think our viewpoints pretty much match. I also know that you don't represent the majority of Delta pilots. With the exception of a few loud mouths on here, it's a pretty good pilot group. I have enough friends over there to prove that.

BTW, you were the one who brought up aircraft accidents. I threw the taxiway landing back in your face because you needed it.

Latest resources

Back