Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When asking the GOV'T for Money, don't fly your Corporate Jet!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looking at my profile, it is either DL, AA, or CAL. Who do you fly for?

Bye Bye--General Lee[/QUOTE

These airlines you have listed above "which one is you" are involved in corporate aviation more then some realize!

Last edited:
Or maybe you're afraid you couldn't handle the embarrassment of being identified?
Sorry there's a huge gap between playing Don't Ever Land There Again and bringing up the deaths of the ASE GIII pax.
Nope, not gonna whistle past the graveyard and joke about the TSA or fatal accidents and play who is safer.

Shame on you.

Not being identified? This is an ANONYMOUS board. If you wanted to be identified, then use your real name. Hello McFly?

And good old OPEC Jet stated that an airliner was dangerous because one landed on a taxiway, which was dangerous and thank gawd nobody got hurt. Well, it happens on the corporate side too, except this one killed 17 people. Safety first, and sometimes it just doesn't happen unfortunately.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Looking at my profile, it is either DL, AA, or CAL. Who do you fly for?

Bye Bye--General Lee[/QUOTE

These airlines you have listed above "which one is you" are involved in corporate aviation more then some realize!

Sure, that would be Delta Air Elite. Delta doesn't own any of those planes, but does give Medallion points and awards to people who do use those high priced jets.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not being identified? This is an ANONYMOUS board. If you wanted to be identified, then use your real name. Hello McFly?

And good old OPEC Jet stated that an airliner was dangerous because one landed on a taxiway, which was dangerous and thank gawd nobody got hurt. Well, it happens on the corporate side too, except this one killed 17 people. Safety first, and sometimes it just doesn't happen unfortunately.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I was stating the obvious:rolleyes:, I see you relish hiding behind a pseudonym.
You haven't again brought any original ideas and/or thought, with you.
But hey it's the internet, you can troll all you want for attention, that inferiority complex must cause you great pain.

How many people have tried nefarious acts on corporate planes? Good question, we don't know. Could a GIII hurt a building? You bet. That is why Congress and the TSA are looking into better security for that sector. Do you know every customer at a fractional? When people buy Marquis Cards, are they known well by Netjets employees? Anyone can buy one, and that makes it difficult. Are the passengers frisked or luggage checked? That may need to change. Don't think it couldn't happen to you. I love your over confidence. Until 9-11, we never had to really think about it on the airline side either.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Pax do have background checks when they purchase a share/card. Also every flight's manifest is ran against the no fly list. Some FBO's do have security now and they do x-ray bags already Boston being one of them.

Am I missing something here? I didn't see anything in the article about the banks asking for more money. I was a meeting about what happened and why.

Since all money lent to the banks (most of them) was repaid with a huge profit to the government, I say give them some more. If these banks are making a profit now then it's only the business of the stockholders if they want to fly the corporate jet.

Yea General, who was begging? You failed to reply to this when it is the basis of your post.

Bank of America flew their private jet and has also paid the TARP and TIP money back. JPMorgan has done the same. This is just another example of careless news reporting showing that there is an upper class that lives better than the rest of us. Good for them. I would love to live their “American Dream” someday myself, but it takes a lot of hard work and I am just a lazy pilot.

There is no comparison when talking about private jet travel compared to flying on the airlines. We are simply faster, more flexible, more comfortable and will bend over backwards to keep the passengers completely satisfied. For us, customers are taken care of from the time they arrive at the FBO until we wave goodbye as they pull away at the destination. This convenience comes at a cost, but many businesses and individuals find it economically advantageous to have a tool like this in their hands.

And yes, we can get out of TEB quicker than you can get out of EWR and go to smaller airports that don’t have EDC times.

I don’t quite understand your general hate for fractionals and corporate aviation. This isn’t a competition. I have flown for both airlines and fractionals. There are positives and negatives with each one, but we are all just pilots trying to make a living and hold a job for more than 5 years. Both sides are going to have accidents and, in my opinion, neither is safer than the other. One thing I can say is that you are a complete jackass for bringing up fatal accidents to try and prove your silly point on here. Really, just think about that last sentence for a little bit.....

Yea General, who was begging? You failed to reply to this when it is the basis of your post.

Bank of America flew their private jet and has also paid the TARP and TIP money back. JPMorgan has done the same. This is just another example of careless news reporting showing that there is an upper class that lives better than the rest of us. Good for them. I would love to live their “American Dream” someday myself, but it takes a lot of hard work and I am just a lazy pilot.

There is no comparison when talking about private jet travel compared to flying on the airlines. We are simply faster, more flexible, more comfortable and will bend over backwards to keep the passengers completely satisfied. For us, customers are taken care of from the time they arrive at the FBO until we wave goodbye as they pull away at the destination. This convenience comes at a cost, but many businesses and individuals find it economically advantageous to have a tool like this in their hands.

And yes, we can get out of TEB quicker than you can get out of EWR and go to smaller airports that don’t have EDC times.

I don’t quite understand your general hate for fractionals and corporate aviation. This isn’t a competition. I have flown for both airlines and fractionals. There are positives and negatives with each one, but we are all just pilots trying to make a living and hold a job for more than 5 years. Both sides are going to have accidents and, in my opinion, neither is safer than the other. One thing I can say is that you are a complete jackass for bringing up fatal accidents to try and prove your silly point on here. Really, just think about that last sentence for a little bit.....

My point was that safety is in the eye of the beholder. I wasn't making fun of any accident, rather pointing out that unfortunate things can happen in different parts of this industry. OPECJET loves to slam the airlines, yet can't see that accidents happen all over. That was my point.

Have a great one, and if ANYONE on here is thinking about asking the GOV'T for money or going to see them AFTER you did, try the airlines instead of a corporate jet. It just looks better----which was the point of this whole thread.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Pax do have background checks when they purchase a share/card. Also every flight's manifest is ran against the no fly list. Some FBO's do have security now and they do x-ray bags already Boston being one of them.

Oh come on now. Since when do they have to announce who gets on one of your planes? If they decide to bring whoever, they can bring them at the last minute. How can you clear that? If an owner wants to bring a hooker onboard, there is nothing you can do about it, and same goes for someone else who may have nefarious intentions. Also, the owner decided which FBO you fly out of or into, and he/she may pick the one that doesn't have a scanner, or just pick a city outside BOS with a smaller FBO. Lot's of loopholes, which might not be safe.

So, after all this controversy, I bid adeiu. You guys have fun with this thread, since all I wanted do was point out the hypocracy of CEOs bringing themselves to Congress in their shiny jets, asking for handouts or thanking them for handouts. When will they ever learn? Bye now.

Bye Bye---General Lee

My point was that safety is in the eye of the beholder. I wasn't making fun of any accident, rather pointing out that unfortunate things can happen in different parts of this industry. OPECJET loves to slam the airlines, yet can't see that accidents happen all over. That was my point.

Have a great one, and if ANYONE on here is thinking about asking the GOV'T for money or going to see them AFTER you did, try the airlines instead of a corporate jet. It just looks better----which was the point of this whole thread. Sheeesh.

Bye Bye---General Lee

More Passive Aggressive tripe :rolleyes:
Good Job back-pedaling, although it's not gonna work.

Oh come on now. Since when do they have to announce who gets on one of your planes? If they decide to bring whoever, they can bring them at the last minute. How can you clear that? If an owner wants to bring a hooker onboard, there is nothing you can do about it, and same goes for someone else who may have nefarious intentions. Also, the owner decided which FBO you fly out of or into, and he/she may pick the one that doesn't have a scanner, or just pick a city outside BOS with a smaller FBO. Lot's of loopholes, which might not be safe.

So, after all this controversy, I bid adeiu. You guys have fun with this thread, since all I wanted do was point out the hypocracy of CEOs bringing themselves to Congress in their shiny jets, asking for handouts or thanking them for handouts. When will they ever learn? Bye now.

Bye Bye---General Lee
I guess those friends you claim to have at Netjets told you this completely wrong crap too?.

Latest resources

Back