Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When asking the GOV'T for Money, don't fly your Corporate Jet!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, General,, I am staying on topic.

The reason these CEOs fly private is because of the terrible service and security that most of the airlines are providing. Period.

I am not going to debate whether these folks are worth the salaries and bonus they get, that is for their Board of Directors to figure out. But, if you are paying someone in the millions of dollars a year, you want that guy to be productive. A lot. One can easily be very productive on a private flight.
One simply cannot be productive on the airlines, with all the craziness that goes on.
I also will not play silly and throw in accidents and incidents as described above, because that could happen to any industry. I DID include the overflight, because that was just plain stupid. I suspect we both will agree on that.

Hung

You need to re-read the article that is the topic of this thread. If they are BEGGING for money, stay off corporate jets. It is common sense. If you are doing very well, and the board approves it, fly corporate all you want. Waste away if you need to. Whatever.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You need to re-read the article that is the topic of this thread. If they are BEGGING for money, stay off corporate jets. It is common sense. If you are doing very well, and the board approves it, fly corporate all you want. Waste away if you need to. Whatever.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes In any job or business or any facet in life a few people will abuse or misuse

Yes private or corporate aviation is expensive. it is by no means a waste, its a savings. It is a hugh time savings. I would not want management of the companies im invested in to waste 2 or 3 days to travel to get a business meeting in. when it can be done in a day or less. a lot of meetings need to be done face to face

You will never see an airline adjust their schedule, so a company can get their management to a meeting so they can do business. In Business meetings pop up all the time, sometimes you just need to go with very little notice, the airlines can not acommadate this so now you would lose that business if it wasn't for corporate avaiation, if a company had to rely on airlines to get them there in time to make the deal a lot of business will be lost.

Corporate or private aviation flys on the clients or their companys schedule to meet their needs. "Airlines never do and never will"

Some people are just very short sighted

Last edited:
Am I missing something here? I didn't see anything in the article about the banks asking for more money. I was a meeting about what happened and why.

Since all money lent to the banks (most of them) was repaid with a huge profit to the government, I say give them some more. If these banks are making a profit now then it's only the business of the stockholders if they want to fly the corporate jet.

Why do you guys bother with this boob? His opinions mean nothing. A good debate is one thing. It's not possible with someone who's arrogance is surpased only by his ignorance.

Bye Bye--General Lee
What % of your 401K was invested in Goldman Sachs last year?
"You NEED me on that plane. You WANT me on that plane."

Maybe if airline travel was reliable, safer, efficient, and a pleasant experience, maybe they would.

I can think of another large group of businesses who took money from the government to survive.....post 9/11.

The airlines are their own worst enemy.

It is not like the CEOs will have less security

By the way, how many people have tried to blow up their underwear on a corporate jet?? How many biz jets have been hijacked and flown into buildings?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back