• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the Deal?!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well maybe worshipped was a bad choice in words but just seems like they call you 'captain' and treat ya a little less of a shumk... Im a measly domestic ciation guy but when we do venture south of the border into Mexico / Caribbean they seem to show a little more respect than here in the states.

Have you gotten burnt by a few in the past?

The entire industry has been "burnt" by pilots who leave employers high and dry. The entire industry stinks when someone defecates in the collective bed, and then runs away.

Pilots who take the training and run, who get typed and then leave, set the industry back to the proverbial stone age, and cause practices such as bonds, paying for training, and training agreements to become common.

I've seen seven pilots in a row take the training and run; pilots who hired away somewhere else without ever coming back to work, without ever giving a day of service. I've seen numbers higher than 95%, in fact, at some operations...and not on the account of the operator. The pilots never had a chance to find out if the operator was a good one or a bad one...they simply took their training and chased the mighty dollar bill. I've seen pilots who took the training from operator A, because they already had a job offer from operator B...contingent on them being qualified. They advertised themselves as qualified to operator B, then went to operator A to get the type...and never turned in a day of service.

Did I get "burnt" by such individuals? The entire industry got burned by them. The industry continues to get burned by them, on a regular basis.

You could've had your 293, 299 yesterday with company A..and it does company B absolutely NO good today. This is correct, yes? Seriously...could anyone shed light on why all these places REQUIRE this?

Can anyone shed light on this? Yes; you're incorrect.

A recent checkride is often accepted with a new operator's POI without having to undergo a new ride, with reduced training, or with reduced costs.

If an employer might otherwise be expected to send a new hire to the full school, he or she might be allowed to simply have the new hire do a short course, or three bounces and the approaches on a checkride, with a current 8410. Having currency in type with a current 8410 can be a big plus to an operator.

Can anyone shed light on this? Yes; you're incorrect.

A recent checkride is often accepted with a new operator's POI without having to undergo a new ride, with reduced training, or with reduced costs.

If an employer might otherwise be expected to send a new hire to the full school, he or she might be allowed to simply have the new hire do a short course, or three bounces and the approaches on a checkride, with a current 8410. Having currency in type with a current 8410 can be a big plus to an operator.

I don't think this is true anymore Avbug. All the operators I contract with no longer accept another company's training (293, 297, 299) under Part 135. The FAA never really allowed other company's training, however they have tolerated it until recently. Perhaps its just in my district.

The FAA never really allowed other company's training, however they have tolerated it until recently.

The FAA most certainly has done so; it's been done for me on several occasions.

The entire industry has been "burnt" by pilots who leave employers high and dry. The entire industry stinks when someone defecates in the collective bed, and then runs away.

Pilots who take the training and run, who get typed and then leave, set the industry back to the proverbial stone age, and cause practices such as bonds, paying for training, and training agreements to become common.

I've seen seven pilots in a row take the training and run; pilots who hired away somewhere else without ever coming back to work, without ever giving a day of service. I've seen numbers higher than 95%, in fact, at some operations...and not on the account of the operator. The pilots never had a chance to find out if the operator was a good one or a bad one...they simply took their training and chased the mighty dollar bill. I've seen pilots who took the training from operator A, because they already had a job offer from operator B...contingent on them being qualified. They advertised themselves as qualified to operator B, then went to operator A to get the type...and never turned in a day of service.

Did I get "burnt" by such individuals? The entire industry got burned by them. The industry continues to get burned by them, on a regular basis.

Avbug, I agree that this does happen, but not by 95% of pilots that you suggest. This is all that Im trying to say to you.

...Hope im around to see this 'shortage of pilots' I have been hearing about for 10 years... maybe then we will all be respected like back in the glory days where pilot's were next to gods!

Until then... hang in there and try to have some fun. The worst day in the cockpit still beats the best day in a cubical.

Amen to that, brother.

Avbug, I agree that this does happen, but not by 95% of pilots that you suggest. This is all that Im trying to say to you.

Is that all? Perhaps you should learn to read, then.

I said nothing about 95% of pilots skipping out on their training, nor did I suggest any such thing. Such is only the inference of those who have some level of reading comprehension deficiency.

I said that 95% of pilots aren't worth their weight in wet salt. This applies, regardless of whether such ever skip out on an obligation.

Is that all? Perhaps you should learn to read, then.

I said nothing about 95% of pilots skipping out on their training, nor did I suggest any such thing. Such is only the inference of those who have some level of reading comprehension deficiency.

I said that 95% of pilots aren't worth their weight in wet salt. This applies, regardless of whether such ever skip out on an obligation.

How do you know 95% aren't worth their weight in salt? Go back and reread what you say. It's all in the context of what you write.

95% aren't worth their weight in wet salt. Simply worth their weight in salt would be a step up.

It's the wet salt that's fairly worthless, you see.

Latest resources

Back