• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the Deal?!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wet salt isn't worth much... at least not the 5lb bags I buy for my water softener at Home Depot

135 qualified

I agree with the thought of wanting to hire someone with a current rating and 135 check but how is that even legal. You have to be checked on the hiring company's certificate and training program. When I hire I look at the person and his previous employment history and record. I do a credit check. I have him go to a AME of my choice for his physical. We don't mind paying for training and we don't use training contracts. When I came to my present job I had to pay 20K of the 56K my type rating cost but I had good reason to do it. I hated to do it but it got me out of a place I didn't want to be, flying an airplane I didn't like to fly, flying my butt off on charter with no real schedule to flying a great airplane, 200 hrs./yr., Part 91 with the best benefits I have ever had. My pay increase was equal to what I paid for my training and now that I have been here one year the boss just gave me a 25k raise and a 7k bonus. I think I made the right decision, for me anyway.

I said that 95% of pilots aren't worth their weight in wet salt. This applies, regardless of whether such ever skip out on an obligation.

An injudiciously arrogant assertion. I would posit that anyone with the audacity to declare that quality among fellow professionals in a given industry is only enjoyed by an elite five-percent are ill-placed vocationally indeed.

Perhaps you would have been better suited elsewhere in the workforce, no? I must admit, I have a rather fond regard for the solidarity and professional exclusivity enjoyed by ancient guild artisans in former times. How far we have fallen, eh? Ah, yes...progress.

Axiomatically, of course, your self-manufactured intersubjective grievances about the universe around you (in this case, the extreme balance of the pilot workforce) are merely reflective of your own regrets/failures/inadequacies.

To wit: Nothing is wrong with me, however, everything is wrong with the world. Put this way, it does seem a rather mad, wanton contention, does it not?

A long-since established and elegant instrument of diagnosis.

A reversal of your absurdly cavalier assumptions about pilot-worth in wet salt is in order to establish a far more realistic estimate, given of course the axiomatic truth (or diagnosis, if you prefer) I have submitted: ninety-five-percent are in fact worth their weight(s) in wet salt, however five-percent are likely not...

Ignore this salient truth at your own peril...

An injudiciously arrogant assertion. I would posit that anyone with the audacity to declare that quality among fellow professionals in a given industry is only enjoyed by an elite five-percent are ill-placed vocationally indeed.

Perhaps you would have been better suited elsewhere in the workforce, no? I must admit, I have a rather fond regard for the solidarity and professional exclusivity enjoyed by ancient guild artisans in former times. How far we have fallen, eh? Ah, yes...progress.

Axiomatically, of course, your self-manufactured intersubjective grievances about the universe around you (in this case, the extreme balance of the pilot workforce) are merely reflective of your own regrets/failures/inadequacies.

To wit: Nothing is wrong with me, however, everything is wrong with the world. Put this way, it does seem a rather mad, wanton contention, does it not?

A long-since established and elegant instrument of diagnosis.

A reversal of your absurdly cavalier assumptions about pilot-worth in wet salt is in order to establish a far more realistic estimate, given of course the axiomatic truth (or diagnosis, if you prefer) I have submitted: ninety-five-percent are in fact worth their weight(s) in wet salt, however five-percent are likely not...

Ignore this salient truth at your own peril...

Looks like somebody got that shiny new thesaurus they've been wanting for their birthday.

Wouldn't it have been way easier just to say, "hey man, I think you got your numbers backwards".

Looks like somebody got that shiny new thesaurus they've been wanting for their birthday.

Wouldn't it have been way easier just to say, "hey man, I think you got your numbers backwards".

Who the hell needs a thesaurus that has an actual education? It would have been easier, sure, but not nearly as elegant (or clear).

I subscribed to your verdict.

But alas, the hurl of a chronic malcontent whose bandog has forsaken him.

...Hope im around to see this 'shortage of pilots' I have been hearing about for 10 years... maybe then we will all be respected like back in the glory days where pilot's were next to gods!

Until then... hang in there and try to have some fun. The worst day in the cockpit still beats the best day in a cubical.

I've been hearing this since 1989.

The only carrier to experience a serious pilot shortage was Munchkin Airlines. They solved it with booster seats. :D

Noticeable tightening!!!!!!!

...Hope im around to see this 'shortage of pilots' I have been hearing about for 10 years... maybe then we will all be respected like back in the glory days where pilot's were next to gods!
Until then... hang in there and try to have some fun. The worst day in the cockpit still beats the best day in a cubical.

There may be a big shortage in the reg'l airline ranks with that new reg. coming,no FO's in the cockpit without an ATP certificate!!! Plus,quite a few PT.135 operators have shut their doors,plus quite a few flight schools have closed in the last 24 months,so something has to happen!!!
This should translate into a noticeable tightening of the corporate market as well!!!

Latest resources

Back