• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the Deal?!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You believe no Part 135 operator is worth fecal material, yet you work for them anyway? You know the score walking in the door, take the job, then are surprised and leave?

You believe no Part 135 operator is worth fecal material, yet you work for them anyway? You know the score walking in the door, take the job, then are surprised and leave?
In fact one of the best jobs I ever had was a 135 outfit that flew 310's. I knew the deal going in and they treated me right. That was the last 135 outfit I worked for. I inteviewed for a couple of bigger 135's (Citations, Lears, etc) but saw the light and didn't take the job. I was at a company briefly that told me one thing and typed me, and then pulled a 180, so I left and don't regret it. And I don't hold it against anyone who's in the same position. You know what, I'll retract my statement that "ALL" 135 outfits are crap but most are. They just need to say: "Hey, we are gonna treat you like monkydung and keep you on call all the time and make you sign a 2yr training contract". I agree, if you take that job, then you reap what you sow.

I retired 5 months ago from a Part 135 gig. Can't believe things have changed that much! :confused:

Does a type rating and experience in type waive the requirement for Company Initial under FAR 135 now?

New hires still have to train to the operator's New Hire syllabus and take a 135.293 check ride plus 135.299 for PICs, don't they?

Part 91 are hands down better to work for (in 99.9% of cases). Most of those people don't rely on flying to make their money.

Everyone know's the best way to make a million in aviation is to start with 2 million :)

I don't get it either. I've worked at several places that had training contracts and one dirtbag that even had recurrent contracts. The dirtbag didn't want you to leave once you had your training and type. They then turned around and wanted current qualified folks from other places to leave go work for them. Very hypocritical.

Supply and demand works both ways. Its a 2 way street. Right now the employers have all the weight. And most of them are taking advantage of it. Companies are no longer loyal to anybody. Why should I be? That being said...I work my rear off wherever God has put me. But when things turn around many companies will be looking to fill positions from good employees that simply got tired of being taken advantage of. You can't treat a person bad when jobs are scarce, and then expect them to be loyal when there are jobs-a-plenty!

The answer is simple....If you want loyalty from your employees than treat them like gold regardless of the economy. If times are bad and you have to take a pay cut, so be it. If I am valued, it won't matter. I will give you my all. Its a symbiotic relationship.

...Hope im around to see this 'shortage of pilots' I have been hearing about for 10 years... maybe then we will all be respected like back in the glory days where pilot's were next to gods!

Until then... hang in there and try to have some fun. The worst day in the cockpit still beats the best day in a cubical.

It's because of pilots like this, pilots who take and run, that the industry does see less pilots getting trained, and that contracts, with-holdings, and charges for training take place. I've seen numerous pilots take a type rating and run...I've seen pilots get the type rating then sell themselves out the door of FSI or Simuflite, without ever returning home to give a day's service. Dirtbags like that are a dime a dozen, and you'll find many dozen nearly everywhere you look. With 95% of the pilot population not worth it's weight in wet salt, it's no wonder.

Really? 95%? Get off your high f-ing horse. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Im not saying it doesn't happen, but be serious. 95% hahaha. YGTBSM!!!!!! :laugh: Go live on your "Im Gods gift to aviation" fantasy world. :beer:

What a great big can of worms I have opened. This whole post came from me being furloughed from the airlines, with no type ratings for the corporate world and being angry that with 9500 hours I am not qualified for a 135 outfit flying small jets.

Anyhow...

Really? 95%? Get off your high f-ing horse.

I speak of honoring a commitment, integrity, and living up to one's word. You see that as a high horse. Perhaps from where you are, looking up, living an honest standard is a bar set to high. For you, anyway.

Pity.

That would make you one of the 95% then, wouldn't it? Being worth less than wet salt must be a disappointment for you.

This whole post came from me being furloughed from the airlines, with no type ratings for the corporate world and being angry that with 9500 hours I am not qualified for a 135 outfit flying small jets.

Obviously.

Latest resources

Back