• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"What's next now for AA/US possible merger'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have an agenda of trying to stir the pot and keeping dead issues alive with conflict. HS

God only knows that the General doesn't need me or anyone else defending him. And I have no dog in this fight, other than what could happen in a future merger affecting the company I work for, which could look to precedent set with a binding arbitration award being discarded. But I fail to understand how the General stating facts about the Nic award is a dead issue. Could you explain?

And the conflict that remains between the West and East SLI certainly has nothing to do with General Lee or some silly internet forum.

God only knows that the General doesn't need me or anyone else defending him. And I have no dog in this fight, other than what could happen in a future merger affecting the company I work for, which could look to precedent set with a binding arbitration award being discarded. But I fail to understand how the General stating facts about the Nic award is a dead issue. Could you explain?

And the conflict that remains between the West and East SLI certainly has nothing to do with General Lee or some silly internet forum.

"General Stating Facts"? Sir, with all due respect, but if his opinions were truly FACTS, we would not be discussing the "Nic" at this juncture...
The general needs to fix HIS problems, and hopefully find a mate...
The only "fact" pertaining to the general is his 16.000+ posts on matters that most, including him, lack expertise..
To answer your query, the Mccaskill/Bond amendment is NOW a Federally mandated process. It is presided by 3, not 1, arbiters. Its process and outcome is BINDING on all parties. The "Nic" award was achieved through SLI protocols present in the ALPA merger policy. It failed to deliver a "Fair and Equitable" SLI, therefore it was shelved by USAPA.

Last edited:
"That decision (Silver) would tentatively enable US Airways to negotiate a joint contract with its pilots, after which pilots who felt disadvantaged by that contract's seniority provisions would have the right to sue."

What I think is hilarious is how none of you jerks can dispute the facts, that your group collectively agreed to a legal process and them just disregarded it. Everyone knows you are wrong. And how do you respond to me? You try to slam how many posts I've done over the last 12 years on this board. Funny stuff. You Easties are just sad and grumpy, and paid below average because of your greed. Have a great day!

And ALGFLYR, I know how to push buttons, but what is telling is that your group has no retort. You just know you did the wrong thing. Heck, we all know that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General Lee, I want to challenge you to stay on subject: "What's next with the AA/US merger."

You have a habit of raining on all non Delta parades. ;)

Last edited:
....To answer your query, the Mccaskill/Bond amendment is NOW a Federally mandated process. It is presided by 3, not 1, arbiters. Its process and outcome is BINDING on all parties. The "Nic" award was achieved through SLI protocols present in the ALPA merger policy. It failed to deliver a "Fair and Equitable" SLI, therefore it was shelved by USAPA.

B;
In your opinion (and those of your ilk) the arbitrator & pilot neutrals "failed to deliver a Fair and Equitable SLI". It is for that very reason that USAPA was formed launched and voted in a little more that a year later. It is a legal FACT that USAPA was hatched for the sole purpose of defeating / evading the Nicolau seniority list.

The process that was followed is also binding, it just doesn't have the word "federal" in front of it. The merger between USAPA & APA (should it occur) will indeed be adjudicated by the exact SAME organization. These same men & women all work together, and it would be reasonable to assume that the three chosen are friends of and/or mentees of Arbitrator Nicolau.

I would ask this: IF USAPA somehow puts DOH, DOH-lite, etc. in front of the panel of three arbitrators, how do you suppose those three will view USAPA after hearing all of the negative things they have said against Arbitrator Nicolau?

CB

B;
In your opinion (and those of your ilk) the arbitrator & pilot neutrals "failed to deliver a Fair and Equitable SLI". It is for that very reason that USAPA was formed launched and voted in a little more that a year later. It is a legal FACT that USAPA was hatched for the sole purpose of defeating / evading the Nicolau seniority list.
P
The process that was followed is also binding, it just doesn't have the word "federal" in front of it. The merger between USAPA & APA (should it occur) will indeed be adjudicated by the exact SAME organization. These same men & women all work together, and it would be reasonable to assume that the three chosen are friends of and/or mentees of Arbitrator Nicolau.

I would ask this: IF USAPA somehow puts DOH, DOH-lite, etc. in front of the panel of three arbitrators, how do you suppose those three will view USAPA after hearing all of the negative things they have said against Arbitrator Nicolau?

CB
Our seniority landscape has changed somewhat since the Nic. Mixing in the AA pilots would further morph the "New" list. Regardles of what the "New" award would look like, all parties will have to live within its confines...And that is MY oppinion...

Our seniority landscape has changed somewhat since the Nic. Mixing in the AA pilots would further morph the "New" list. Regardles of what the "New" award would look like, all parties will have to live within its confines...And that is MY oppinion...

You are EXACTLY correct. The seniority landscape has changed since the SNAPSHOT in 2005. The new company (LCC) returned all FURLOUGHED former US Air pilots to the NEW US Airways. These would be the people that had no job and no hope of returning to the former US Air in its former condition.

So you say that since these people are now back and the east is bigger, we can thus change the seniority because you say so. USAPA says DOH? Great. I would encourage our leadership to get the lead out and start moving toward a JCBA. As President Hummell said in a recent e-mail..."USAPA is free to propose any seniority integration and is not bound by the NIC."

Time to get moving closer to that DFR bar. Let's get 'er done. Winning!

CB

I have tried to search this and get caught up, but I'm confused. Can someone answer: It's correct that American mgt backed off the deepest of bk cuts they wanted to impose a couple months ago? Or all of them? Is the pre APA contract in place as it was pre bk? I was caught up til the judge declined mgt's first request...

You are EXACTLY correct. The seniority landscape has changed since the SNAPSHOT in 2005. The new company (LCC) returned all FURLOUGHED former US Air pilots to the NEW US Airways. These would be the people that had no job and no hope of returning to the former US Air in its former condition.

So you say that since these people are now back and the east is bigger, we can thus change the seniority because you say so. USAPA says DOH? Great. I would encourage our leadership to get the lead out and start moving toward a JCBA. As President Hummell said in a recent e-mail..."USAPA is free to propose any seniority integration and is not bound by the NIC."

Time to get moving closer to that DFR bar. Let's get 'er done. Winning!

CB

ALPA stands to lose a substantial DFR case to former TWA pilots. DAL pilots need only dissolve DALPA to avoid liability. DPA only requires <500 more cards for a certification vote.

Similarly, USAPA may dissolve if it stands to lose any case. Likewise, APA will explore all options that would limit liability—a new third merged-American Pilot Union may emerge.

Leonidas' stance that US Airways acceptance of any non-Nic list may be the last best hope for West damages.

As the human torch says... "Flame On!" :angryfire

Latest resources

Back