Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What would the first year at United be like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good point. This is my first year without Prime and I will pass on the supplemental plan. See how it goes.

This is good for me to learn about also, since my wife will be retiring next year. But our plan is to be within 40 miles of a military base; my wife's on a lot of fairly expensive prescriptions and I'm currently on LTD.
I wasn't able to make any medical elections due to being on LTD; I was told that I'll have 45 days after returning to make elections - I expect to be back by mid-March.

Edit: Posted bad info. Apparently, United has 5 different medical plans depending on your job. If you go to: YBR > Benefits > 2014 Annual Enrollment Magazines, you'll find the pilot benefits.
Page 25 has the FSA; there are 4 variants depending on which health plan you choose. For those that don't choose any company offered plans, you can contribute up to $2500 and it can be used for:
Medical deductibles, copays, coinsurance, eyeglasses and contact lenses, dental work, hearing aids and tests.
So you can even use the FSA for deductibles. And since the money's pretax, this looks much better than the Tricare supplement. Hope this information helps.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back