Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What would convince you to work for SkyWest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are a lot of 121 guys floating around the airlines right now. Due to many factors. I think many of them know first hand that union representation is vital and Skywest doesn't offer that protection.

i applied there and xj at the same time and was supposed to interview at both. i interviewed at xj first and got an offer the same day and declined the skywest interview! whoops..that was a bad move, i don't work at xj anymore :)

at the time, skywest was not paying during training and the $19/hr also steered me towards xj, among other personal reasons....

The Drizzle said:
no union is THE reason i never applied to skywest, so yes people with no 121 experience do think about such things

Funny, I came to work at SKYW for the simple fact they DONT have a union, amongst other things. And yes, I did this coming from an ALPA carrier.

I think people arent showing up because flying airplanes is dangerous (chomping of teeth)...let me know if you get that

paulsalem said:
Pay being not being atleast $24 if not more for first year f/o is what keeps me away.

Unfortunately, not many regionals are at that level, a couple are close however. Good luck...

rod farva said:
How bout not getting paid jack crap and not getting based in Fresno.

whats wrong with the "no"? If you want a good schedule and to move up in seniority quickly go with FAT. Plus fresno isnt too expensive compared to other places. And at night time there always is a friendly helicopter shining a light down on the ground to help you find your way home.

reasons TO work for SkyWest:

-total compensation is at or above other regionals
-bases in nice places
-airline is growing, adding aircraft, etc.
-has never furloughed a pilot (how many ALPA regionals can say that?)
-financially healthy company with good future, deals for the long term with Delta and United

FLAME AWAY!

Only 4 months and 29 days until I can apply again. With everything going on in the aviation world. For me it is SkyWest!!!! That is not saying I am not keeping my options open but I think SkyWest is for me. In the "bad" letter,they said I need more time and more qualifications. I don't have a clue what I did wrong. Must of came in with ******************** on my shoes I didn't know about.

I've had my resume in there for 1.5 years. Walked by 2 pilots, also did the on-line thing. No response, No call... During that time interviews and offers from XJ, Wiskey, Republic, and XJT.

Translation:
Your calling the wrong people.

...and yes I am bitter

Latest resources

Back