Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BradG

Poor Flight Instructor
Im gonna be in chicago for like 3 hours tommorow. Anybody got any ideas on where to eat/what to do? We will be goin into Meigs

Thanks,
BRad

Billy goat diner (cafe?) Under the Tribune building. It was John Belushi's insperation for

Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Cheeseburger!

("No Coke, Pepsi!" OR "No Pepsi Coke!" I don't remember.)

Nice walk to Grant Park close to Meigs.

And take a cab to Cabrenie Greens. Nice folks there.

S.

You gotta problem with my spelling punk?

The Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, and the Field Museum of Natural History are a short walk away. Or walk through Grant Park if it's a nice day and enjoy the view of the skyline and people watch.

During the summer get on the Loop and take the red line north and get off at Addison.......Wrigley Field and enjoy a great Cubs game.

Alot of pilots go to the Field Museum for lunch if they are short on time. Just tell the ticket agent you only plan to get a quick bite and they shouldn't charge you admission. If you have more time check out the Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier, the Art Institute, the Billy Goat Tavern is a cool place to grab lunch although it's probably a 30 min. cab ride. Catching a Cubs game would be a definite must, but they never make it this far into the post season. You won't be too far from the Mag. Mile if you want to do a little window shopping. Check out Ed Debevicks if you get a chance for lunch or dinner. It's a 50's style diner with wait staff that has... how should I say it... personality. You could also catch a boat tour of the city. I'm pretty sure they pick up near the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, and the Field Museum. The people at Signature should be able to let you know for sure. There are literally hundreds of places to go and lots of things to do.

Have fun!

Take a cab to Rodity's Resturant in Greek Town - 222 South Halsted. Its where the Greek folks go to eat, not the tourists. Great food, and you aren't paying to be annoyed by old, fat belly dancers.

Hi...

Beechnut,

Cabrini Greens!! Lol.....pretty funny...;) Wear a flack jacket.

Regards

i've gotta second ed debevicks. decent food...but the atmosphere is awesome. definitely worth a shot. of course, there's also gino's pizza. pretty sure it's right across from ed's. you said you're going into meigs. there used to be a guy (charlie i think) that owned a nice limo. $20 roundtrip for a limo ride. give him a call and he'll pick you up. you're going to pretty much spend that on a cab. might as well go in style. if you've got someone with you that's not flying, there's liquor in the limo also. anyway, have a blast. chicago is a great city. can't wait have a say in where i live.

starvingcfi

Latest resources

Back