WHat to do in Chicago

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chicago stuff...

I'll second whoever said Food Life in Water Tower -- great place!

You might try Boston Blackie's (great burgers!) or, depending on how rich you are, Benihana's (name should be self explanatory) - both about 10 minutes from Meigs.

If you're an astronomy nut the Adler Planetarium has a whole bunch of new stuff in the last few years - also, do some checking - most of the Chicago museums have a "free" day - unfortunately, since school's in session this means it'll be packed with kids but depending on what time you're there you might be alright.

As for Cabrini, don't be too scared. I've always said that Cabrini was the only public housing district surrounded on all sides by some of the most sought after real estate in the city - literally, you're a stonesthrow from the gold coast...and hey, I think I just read that the last official resident was finally moved out of Cabrini this weekend. There might be some shady characters hanging around, but no one living in the building any more. Scheduled for demolition (about time!).

Hope this helps,
-brew3

pretty much just wandered down the south end of Michigan, and the tried to go to Shedd Aquairum, but the line was too long. I ate at some museum cafe, not bad but expensive, then went and watched the yachts. I only had like 2 hours, so it was kinda short, but fun.

Brad

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back