• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What to bring to a skywest interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I here all of the Coex guys hired was about 2500 hours. I was told today that there may not be anymore coex guys. there are 60 new coex guys with skywest and there are no more applications from coex, they are just taking out of the pool now.

flightmahtman4n said:
I here all of the Coex guys hired was about 2500 hours. I was told today that there may not be anymore coex guys. there are 60 new coex guys with skywest and there are no more applications from coex, they are just taking out of the pool now.

Well I certainly hope that Skywest does begin hiring again soon. Would be great to see something positive out there these days. I'm not sure about no more coex guys. The list of available coex guys was right around 100. If they only took 60, there would be roughly 40 more available to go. Unless of course, there was only enough IAH brasilia flying to cover 60 coex pilots. From what I've been hearing, coex might be planning to do quite a bit of prop flying out of IAH which might require Skyw to use all 100 or so pilots from coex. Who knows.

Take the info regarding the books at Barnes and Noble heart. Also, study up on the ASVAB books, as well as the OCT books. Here's a piece of advice if you're as cheap as me: purchase the books from B&N, go to Kinkos, copy the relevant material, then return them for a full refund.

Also, when you get to SLC there's a flight school across the street from the hotel (get the name off aviationinterviews). They have the same sim that SkyWest will use in the interview. Trust me, I don't care if you're God's gift to instruments, you need to spend the money for this. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to get a refund for the sim time.

phantom122 said:
So anyone wanna venture a guess as to what competitive minimums will be if/when Skywest does start to hire again?

From what I've seen competitive min's don't exist. I was hired with 2000/200. Others hired in my class had 4000 + and a couple CFI's with 1000/100. They seem to like to mix it up!

tittyjet said:
Also, when you get to SLC there's a flight school across the street from the hotel (get the name off aviationinterviews).

It's called American Aviation. They're located on the east side of the airport adjacent to runway 17.

Latest resources

Back