What to bring to a skywest interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flightmahtman4n

I am betting on skywest to start hiring in the near future so I want to start getting prepared for the day I can get a interview! What personal information do they like you bring to the interview, do you actually fill out a job application at the interview? Work history and all that jazz? For those who have done the interview, is the ATP test all part 121 questions, or is all the questions out of the test that do not have charts with them?

do they want a breakdown of the hours that you flew in all aircraft type?

Study from the Commercial book too. There were questions about Flag vs. Domestic flights. I can't remember specifically, but some of the questions were in the commercial book and not the ATP book!

Don't forget the 10 question mechanical aptitude test. Just go to a Barnes & Noble & read through the military Officer Candidate Test (OCT). you may think you are mechanically inclined but these questions will stump you if you don't study!!

Wow, actual interview questions instead of airline bashing / rumor mill stuff. Amazing!

www.aviationinterviews.com

This site helped me immensely. Just read through every post about SkyWest and you'll get all the info you need. The interview was exactly as advertised.

To who ever is responsible for that site: THANK YOU!

but can anyone remember what ATP categories they got on there test? I am trying to avoid as much as I can on that test, and the questions of the commercial test, first time I heard that anyone else run into that. aviationinterviews is a great web page!

what to study

Study everything from the ATP book except for anything that refers you to figures (Charts, maps, graphs, ect.) They don't test you on that stuff. Everything else is free game.

Good luck.

Blah

Be sure to bring a great attitude to the interview. SkyWest wants pilots who will be excited to be a part of SkyWest and showing just that will really help!

Be willing to undercut everybody with your pay, you will get hired right away there!!Oops I am sorry thats MESA!

Out of all the airlines I've interviewed with (7) SkyWest was by far the most proffesional operation I had seen to date. When I interviewed I was an FO at another carrier, I had also been furghloud from (2) other airlines. Lots of 121 time. My instrument skills are beyond reproach. 121 Regs, I wrote them. I didn't even bother to study before the interview. I had just finished up a (5) day trip and flew straight out to SLC. And as you can see my people skills are impecable.

So what happened you ask?

They gave me the ATP test, I laughed as I checked off all the right answers.

"And then" you say.

Well then they threw is **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** mechanical apptitude test on my desk.
For a moment I was wondering what position they thought I was applying for. I took a stab at it and found myself on the bus back to the airport within minutes.

Take to heart the (10) question mechanical apptitude test.

Latest resources

Back