Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What happened to the thread about the grinch?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Club, that's all fine and good but I truly think your extreme overwhelming desire to keep Flexbid is clouding your judgement.

My understanding is the contract section the company submitted for arbitration regarding schedules contained no provisions for Flexbid. That's your proof coupled with the fact Kenn is a known liar. Therefore it is reasonable to state there is a real possibility Flexbid will go away. Arbritration tends to favor simplicity and the 7/7 is simple.

If we had better union support that caused/forced the company to negotiate in good faith perhaps it would be a different story. The only ones to blame will be the exact same guys who will be bitching about what we lose.

Your only hope, and I mean only hope, right now is in the union making a solid case against the company both in Federal court and in arbitration.

In other words, your only hope is this union protecting the pilots despite themselves.

Am I hopeful? I have reason to be but until I see some on our leadership actually show something close to self sacrificing service I am skeptical.

Options has great solidarity. I have to believe that it is leadership driven. When are we going to realize at Flexjet we need to pay attention to integrity? I'm not even asking for a change but admit you ********************ed us for your personal gain and move on.

It's a catch 22. We will never get to the point of selecting our own leadership with our current leadership in charge. How can I support someone 100 places junior to me making twice as much as me but asking me to sacrifice either dues or the job protection anonymity affords?

And that is why the company didn't negotiate. They knew they didn't have to.

As far as I know the company has not submitted an official proposal for schedules. It's not posted on the VUH briefing room board, and in the court filing the company made last month they listed the dates of all the proposals they have submitted so far, and "schedules" was blank. So it's possible they have submitted it in the past couple of weeks but I have not heard anything about it.

If they do indeed make a proposal that doesn't include Flexbid I'll add it to my list of reasons to support the union. My point is I don't like arguments based solely on speculating about how bad things might get.

As far as I know the company has not submitted an official proposal for schedules. It's not posted on the VUH briefing room board, and in the court filing the company made last month they listed the dates of all the proposals they have submitted so far, and "schedules" was blank. So it's possible they have submitted it in the past couple of weeks but I have not heard anything about it.

If they do indeed make a proposal that doesn't include Flexbid I'll add it to my list of reasons to support the union. My point is I don't like arguments based solely on speculating about how bad things might get.

A.) You and I have heard different things. I believe the only section they havent submitted was pay. But as in that case too, it's the exclusion that speaks volumes along with Ricci's personal preference of an 8/6 based solely on the verbally documented fact he has an aversion to airline and hotel costs no matter how much business sense it makes in gained profit on the back end.

B.) I don't disagree with the sentiment but I tell you I personally wish I would have listened to the "fearmongering" sooner instead of being conned by the mere appearance of "rational" thinking. Now I realize all of the calls for "calm" was essentially smooth PR talk by gullible (including myself) wishful thinkers because every single ********************ing thing the union people has predicted has born fruit.

Additionally, I heard a little management bird recently admitted after one too many there is no way to prove the success of red label because the accounting isn't actually seperated and it's all a sham.

But we already knew that. Only red label contracts are being sold. You and I are flying those same customers, trips and metal. You are naive if you didn't realize the only thing seperate about red label are the pay scales. Not the revenue, not the owners. And that should have you incensed. By the way, you know what I hate most about flying Red Label airframes? They have turned into the crappiest metal on the line. Interesting. Why do you think that is?

Why don't you be a brave soldier and request the documentation regardinv red label success. Kenn is on record in his book and lectures he is favor or releasing all documents regarding how people's pay and bonuses are factored. He believes it's motovating. Good luck. It's lack is very telling.

I do miss the days of knowing exactly how many airplanes we have sold and who the new owners are. We get a lot less communication these days. Only vague "sales is dong great" type stuff. And then we furlough.

We were told sales are great when the place was getting ready to close the doors before Raytheon saved us. Only time sales weren't great was the last contract and that's cause that was negotiated not determined by a arbitrator

""My point is I don't like arguments based solely on speculating about how bad things might get.""

I was you 11 years ago

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back