• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What happened to our "profession"???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
V70T5, you want to know what happened to our profession? Sh!tbags like the above poster are what happened to this profession. He compares us to plumbers and brick layers, meanwhile we are responsible for tens of millions of dollars in property and hundreds of people's lives every day we go to work. There are too many pilots out there that think like this guy. That's what has caused the degradation of our profession.

I do agree with you, PCL128.

So if you are white collar, I guess the one dude driving a freight train with haz-mat, chemicals, god knows what, of 100 freight cars, thru Big City USA is white collar also. How much are five locomotives plus 100 loaded freight cars worth? More than your SAAB 340? More than your MD-80 with 1 million landing gear cycles? I suppose the Captain of that Carnival Cruise Ship with 1000 people, out in the middle of the ocean, the ship is worth????, is he white collar?
Pilot's ARE white Collar whether you choose to acknowledge this fact, or not.

point is, pick your head up, stop depreciating yourself, perhaps read some self help book...
You don't want this guy reading a Self Help Book, his "helper" would suck!

Survey says: WRONG

Now flying an ILS (as you stated) is retardedly easy. A baboon can shoot an ILS. Comparing shooting an ILS and hand surgery is not even in the funny category, it's just ignorant.
Because that's how your sim training goes, right? Clear Blue Sky, both engines running(Or all four as the case may be) every instrument working and nothing to do but sit back and watch the A/P fly the cross-hairs on down...which is never followed by a go around

Nice one dude, but your argument forgot that we don't train for clear and a million, mx free days.

Latest resources

Back