• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What happened to our "profession"???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots on the otherhand are a dime a dozen, primarily because so many little boys once had dreams of being a Pilot. Just like Actors are often taken advantage of on the "Casting Couch," Management tries to exploit the fact that we like what we do; in fact, have dreamed of doing in many cases since Childhood.

And it doesn't help that the standards for becoming one have plummeted.. Used to need 20/20, hight to weight standards, and physical strength minimums... now you've got organizations all but begging more little girls to become airline pilots (and giving them preferential hiring) and every 30 something year fat slop desk jock board businessman who wants to start a new career pumping $30K into a pilot farm and going to the "regionals"..

supply=demand... and today, do to the technological advancements of airplanes and their relative ease to operate (compared to the 50's thru the 70's).. has made it so that we're just meat in the seat.. monkeys pushing buttons and only when the shiat hits the fan (like on UAL 232) do we really see what a pilot is made of.. or not.

I too would hope to make $100K/yr my the time I retire, but it is no big deal. I have almost everything I want right now, nice house, 1700 sq ft on a acre of land, a couple cars, and some old toy cars. I own a C-172N free and clear, have decent retirement built up. I have been in pursuit of my childhood dream of becoming a Naval Aviator and as I have said before I would change little, I have done too many neat things. Why all the negative vibes?

goes back to fly becasue you like to, otherwise you might be disappointed

goes back to fly becasue you like to, otherwise you might be disappointed

That baloney mantra of yours is getting old. Not because it's baloney, but because it's mantra. As a rule of thumb, sure, you shouldn't go into aviation with the expectation of making big bucks, with that as the sole reason. However, NOTHING says that when you go into aviation, you should accept obscene pay cuts, uncouth and irresponsible management tactics, and the elimination of your benefits, because "you should fly because you like to." That's foolish. And though it fits your management position quite well, it's a filthy cover to hide under.

PositHold you have your opinion and I have mine, it is not your position to judge me. That will be done by a higher power. I am happy; you appear not to be happy. That is the American way, we can agree to disagree and not kill each other. You can make a good living flying airplanes, not like before, but still a good living. The job is superior to working in a cube.

Pilotyip, you have to be spitting flame. Your not for real.

no hammer just dealing with reality as I see it. Again I am happy other people appear not to be. How can that be flame?, if it is have the boss kick me off the forum.

no hammer just dealing with reality as I see it. Again I am happy other people appear not to be. How can that be flame?, if it is have the boss kick me off the forum.

I think he was inferring you were Beelzebub, Lucifer, Satan.. incarnate etc...

While I don't think that's fair, I will say that I'm sure the aforementioned is loving the way business is raping labor these days..

Latest resources

Back