Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do RJET pilots think happens after RJET SLI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I have some legitimate questions.

So far the answers have been the following:

1. The new local is better than the old local.

2. We are basically independent, except when it comes to everything that matters. In those cases, there is a really experienced local (1224) that we rely upon. Soooo we are not independent at all, except when we have to run against another independent union, we will say that we are an independent local, but we can't function without the assistance of other locals.

Definition of INDEPENDENT

: not dependent: as a (1) : not subject to control by others : self-governing (2) : not affiliated with a larger controlling unit <an independent bookstore> b (1) : not requiring or relying on something else: : not requiring or relying on others (as for care or livelihood)

Look, I am not saying that FAPA is the greatest thing ever, I am just a satisfied member. I think you would have a hard time finding a member of FAPA that is not happy with their level of representation.

Mr. Skyway FO says "Answer a lot more than FAPA, not here at 357 but the top leadership has been around the block a few times"

Again, you are independent when it suits your argument, but your not independent when you can't support your point of view with substance and experience.

Forget all of those other pesky and annoying questions about experience and ability. I understand how difficult those can be to answer.

Who will be on the representation ballot (If the IBT fails to obtain representation status without an election, which we all know they will attempt)?

Are we voting for Local 357? (This is the apparent "independent" union)

or

Are we voting for Local 1224? (This is the apparent "experienced" union)

or

Are we voting for the IBT? (This is the big bad IBT that no one likes so we sugar coat and hide them behind warm and fuzzy "locals")

This is not a personal attack on drizzle or skyway or any one of your new union guys that have stepped up to the plate. These are serious, legitimate questions that 3000+ pilots deserve to have answered.

It will be the Local 357 on the ballot. The charter is signed and we are separate. A lot has changed. You haven't seen it, because the campaigning hasn't started yet for who will represent us. I've seriously looked into your arguments and claims and done comparisons on my own personal level. IBT 357 comes ahead for me, for now. Not only are they already representing us better than we've ever been before, we have the distinct pleasure of writing our own by-laws. We are in control. The IBT International wants to make the example of us, to not treat us as a hobby as before with the 747 and GS. They are treating us like valued members, treating us like an important part of trade unionism.

They are both new and experienced. New by-laws, new leadership. Experienced council, experienced business agents. Some gleaned from the 1224, some form outside.

I'm excited for the first time in 6 years about our representation.

Last edited:
It will be the Local 357 on the ballot. The charter is signed and we are separate. A lot has changed. You haven't seen it, because the campaigning hasn't started yet for who will represent us. I've seriously looked into your arguments and claims and done comparisons on my own personal level. IBT 357 comes ahead for me, for now. Not only are they already representing us better than we've ever been before, we have the distinct pleasure of writing our own by-laws. We are in control. The IBT International wants to make the example of us, to not treat us as a hobby as before with the 747 and GS. They are treating us like valued members, treating us like an important part of trade unionism.

They are both new and experienced. New by-laws, new leadership. Experienced council, experienced business agents. Some gleaned from the 1224, some form outside.

I'm excited for the first time in 6 years about our representation.

I'm not. I still think the girl scouts would be better representation.

Probably because like many of our 25-35 year old momma's boys we have working with us, you have unrealistic expectations of what any airline union can do for you.

No you di-int ! Hey,can we take a strike vote now ? This SLI didn't take into account I don't have any turbine PIC.....blah,blah,blah....

Probably because like many of our 25-35 year old momma's boys we have working with us, you have unrealistic expectations of what any airline union can do for you.

As well as a skewed perception of your own importance. You may have been the center of the universe during your formative years, but in the real world you are plankton.

Last edited:
As well as a skewed perception of your own importance. You may have been the center of the universe during your formative years, but in the real world you are plankton.

But plankton get eaten by krill, krill gets eaten by whales and whales eaten by the Japanese. Ergo, I created the Playstation. Bow before me.

Last edited:
Classy move by your 'experienced,' 'independent' IBT local today. Release the confidential SLI proposals ahead of the award. For the sole purpose of stirring the pot? Get everyone hot and bothered almost two months before the final award? Prove to your membership that the local has done something, anything? This from the the folks who showed up to said SLI arbitration late, hung over, and dressed like penguins. Another amateurish, classless move. Better hope you didn't piss off the arbitrator today.

Classy move by your 'experienced,' 'independent' IBT local today. Release the confidential SLI proposals ahead of the award. For the sole purpose of stirring the pot? Get everyone hot and bothered almost two months before the final award? Prove to your membership that the local has done something, anything? This from the the folks who showed up to said SLI arbitration late, hung over, and dressed like penguins. Another amateurish, classless move. Better hope you didn't piss off the arbitrator today.
That's pretty inflamatory. Any proof?

Latest resources

Back