What can you tell me about Colgan???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
colgan interview

interviewed recently, yep it was ten minutes give or take, they get your paperwork and you talk to an older guy or a young asst chief pilot. they call her the ice maiden, cold stare...no bs..all business.. a few questions like the old crusty capt sees the ground at mins and wants to continue..what do you do?

they are getting 4 more 1900s. expanding to 24 planes.. seems to be a carefully run family airline. no per diem..since you fly out of domicile... 20/hr to start. health etc... several of us there out of work...including scores of current and former cc air guys

to get a job would be better than no job.... had some gulfstream people there as well... kim jennings is due in ten days and will be out for weeks... they're running classes for the next several months..

good luck!

Regarding Colgan

Hi guy's,

I too interviewed with Colgan about 3 weeks ago. Two of my fellow interviewee's were hired. I was told after a few phone calls, that I'm in an applicant/interview consideration pile. Not officially hired, not disqualfied either. Was told it's not a bad thing and not to feel insecure.They said they have not made a decision yet on the Nov and Dec classes. I would really like to work here for all of the real world hand flying that they do. In the mean time I'm just fly'n my 414.

Av8ter

PS Kim Jennings will be out in a few days for maternity, and will be replaced by Adny Jones.

colgan job

evena blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then... got an offer for 1900 capt or saab. fo...

when it rains it pours ...after huge drought, i get a shot at ASA as well... I'm blown away.

I just want to say I can't wait to fly again.... it has been hard sitting on the sidelines..to all of you still trying...keep going ...DON'T QUIT..
YOU'LL WIN

believe me, if I end up at colgan ,I'll enjoy every minute,,the alternative is still very fresh in my mind

believe me, if I end up at colgan ,I'll enjoy every minute,,the alternative is still very fresh in my mind

On the 1900 side, we're getting to fly some actual routes these days. We're not just stuck going into BFE on EAS routes anymore!

The first of the 1900 Cs to leave has finally gone!!

Congratulations of the job where ever you go.

Last edited:
Unless your profile is not an accurate discription of your experience level, you might want to concern yourself with the requirements of an FO first.

1900 captains start at $31.50 and Saab captains start at $34 I believe. Check Airman status comes with experience and seniority. If you start on the 1900, plan on being there a while. The latest captain transitions went to about 3 years seniority.

Anybody got any ideas on when I could expect a call. I sent in my resume yesterday and talked to Adna (sp?) today. She said that they want prior 121 experience, like everyone else, but she also said that she tries to get some of us younger guys in as well. I am hoping within the next couple of months. I am currently flying C-402C's without autopilots and love every minute of it. I can only imagine how fun it it would be to fly the 1900 without an autopilot. The more work the better. Any leads or help with Colgan would be great. Sounds like a fun place to be. Thanks.

I worked there for 6 yrs. It is a good place to work. It sounds like you got the right attitude. Keep on trying, you are right you do get a lot of flying in and it is fun.

Latest resources

Back