What am I missing about Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sluggo

For those of you that are more informed than I, please enlighten me. I see F9 stock at a low of $6.6 and dropping every day. Posted a $10.3 M loss last quarter. Capt's I work with and the work force in general think F9 will weather the storm with SWA, UAL & other competition. I don't see it. I know this forum is extremely critical, so please don't take this the wrong way. I am super happy at F9 and the environment there is at the top. This post is about getting answers to what is going on at F9, not bashing. F9 is a top notch company, with some of the coolest employees I've ever worked with. Again, just looking for answers....Sluggo

sluggo said:
For those of you that are more informed than I, please enlighten me. I see F9 stock at a low of $6.6 and dropping every day. Posted a $10.3 M loss last quarter. Capt's I work with and the work force in general think F9 will weather the storm with SWA, UAL & other competition. I don't see it. I know this forum is extremely critical, so please don't take this the wrong way. I am super happy at F9 and the environment there is at the top. This post is about getting answers to what is going on at F9, not bashing. F9 is a top notch company, with some of the coolest employees I've ever worked with. Again, just looking for answers....Sluggo

I understand your thoughts and frustration! Unless you fly for Fedex or UPS, You should be a little worried. (who is to say UPS and Fedex will be safe in 10 years)..

My advice: Enjoy the culture and atmosphere at F9 and do your best to enhance and fortify the company.

Also, Sluggo, compare the financials of this year to last year. We are in the profit zone so far this year (operating profit). And our cash on hand is more than last year. Our loss is less than last year (even with higher fuel costs and Cancun ops) F9 is a "good" valued airline. Financials are good- Future plans are good- Managment is not greedy- Product is excellent-Workplace is good...

Keep your fingers crossed and have faith... If America West could compete (and do GOOD) with SWA at PHX and LAS; We can hold our own too.

Cya

Latest resources

Back