• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wearing ID while non-rev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well if you're above it all, then keep it tucked away. Seems quite childish to rant about ID badges being displayed.

The truth is that you probably have such a hard-on for the badge that you repress the violent inner urge to wear it, and chastise those who do when non-reving. These individuals may wear it out of practicality, yet you feel that there is more meaning behind why one does it. You yourself are ashamed of your desires and so you make it a point not to wear it and find extreme fault in those who do.

Several reasons for uniforms, ID's etc;

TSA, crews dropping airplanes off and are airlining out right away, letting flight crews know your onboard.

People that are so narrow minded scream doosh bag.

This is the worst thread to ever be started on Flightinfo. We are all dumber for having read this. You are awarded no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

ding ding ding

I agree with the sanchez. I have gotten onboard with my ID on while non-revving and had FA's say to me "theres a seat for you right here (in first)."

I wear mine on the VERY rare times that I non-rev out of uniform for a couple of practical reasons. I wind up having to take my wallet out of my pocket and get it out. This sounds simple, but ever travel alone with a 3-year old? Just being able to flash it makes things easier all the way across the board. And, at most airports I can keep my "gels". If you knew how "non-standard" I am with the wearing of the uniform then you'd crawl back in your ******************************-bag. I wore the uniform of the United States Navy for 20 years and I don't have to justify myself to some snot-nosed college boy.

Chiao

I wear mine on the VERY rare times that I non-rev out of uniform for a couple of practical reasons. I wind up having to take my wallet out of my pocket and get it out. This sounds simple, but ever travel alone with a 3-year old? Just being able to flash it makes things easier all the way across the board. And, at most airports I can keep my "gels". If you knew how "non-standard" I am with the wearing of the uniform then you'd crawl back in your ******************************-bag. I wore the uniform of the United States Navy for 20 years and I don't have to justify myself to some snot-nosed college boy.

Chiao

Hooya.

Wow, what crawled up your backside and died?

I wear my badge while traveling so the flight attendants know who I am, where I am, and that I will help in an event that may require assistance.

You may not want anyone to know who you are and that is your choice.

In my travels, I have heard from FAs of several airlines - that they appreciate knowing that there is one more airline employee on board, that knows what is going on in case of an emergency.

My badge is on when I board, say hi to the FAs, and take my seat. Then the badge goes in my pocket. When the flight is done, I may or may not clip it back on as I walk out the door saying thanks to the crew.

I will continue to be polite to the crew - you do what you want.

What a tool!

Decreased TSA hassles at some places, free drinks, headphones, business class, and I keep the WHOLE can of coke!!

Plus the FA's let me borrow their "getting your real estate liscense" books

Chiao

while i agree with your post, you must be a peach to fly with.

Latest resources

Back