Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

generaltso

Marcy Projects
Why do I see this so much? What is the purpose of wearing your ID badge around your neck while you are nonreving? You just want to make sure people know you work for the airlines, and that you are special?

If anything, I don't want people to know I am nonreving.

People that do this just scream doche-bag.

Why do I see this so much? What is the purpose of wearing your ID badge around your neck while you are nonreving? You just want to make sure people know you work for the airlines, and that you are special?

If anything, I don't want people to know I am nonreving.

People that do this just scream doche-bag.

I think people who spend too much time worrying about what others do, like wearing ids while nonreving, need to find a hobby. WHO CARES!

Actually, pilots that wear their "IDs around their neck" on one of those long colorful lanyards advertising their union or company scream;
"I'm not just an airline pilot....I'm a blue collar Dip-$hit"!!!!

Last edited:
Wow, what crawled up your backside and died?

I wear my badge while traveling so the flight attendants know who I am, where I am, and that I will help in an event that may require assistance.

You may not want anyone to know who you are and that is your choice.

In my travels, I have heard from FAs of several airlines - that they appreciate knowing that there is one more airline employee on board, that knows what is going on in case of an emergency.

My badge is on when I board, say hi to the FAs, and take my seat. Then the badge goes in my pocket. When the flight is done, I may or may not clip it back on as I walk out the door saying thanks to the crew.

I will continue to be polite to the crew - you do what you want.

my god, get off your high horse ego-boy!

perhaps it's just easier to get through security, especially when you've got bags in both hands, etc.

perhaps it just doesn't matter either way.

perhaps it's just easier than taking it out 4 times for ticket counter, security once or twice, and then the gate.

perhaps they don't take my toothpaste at some airports with it on, even if i'm not in uniform.

perhaps some people (myself excluded) carry their passport, medical and licenses with it also.

perhaps you should take up pottery or knitting or a hobby other than criticizing.

I laugh when I see people wearing their ID around the airport when they non-rev. Hopefully people laugh at me when I'm in full uniform just to keep my shaving cream.

I used to go incognito, but with the new TSA regs, it's much easier to just go in uniform. If you are already in uniform, what's the difference if you wear your id or not?

This is the worst thread to ever be started on Flightinfo. We are all dumber for having read this. You are awarded no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Latest resources

Back