Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WalterSobchak

Am I wrong?
While it's been known within industry circles for a couple of days now, I wanted to wait until the name had been released publicly before posting anything. The dispatcher community lost of one of our own in the tragic crash at the Reno Air Races this past weekend, Continental Airlines Dispatcher Craig Salerno.

From an MSNBC.com article:
Craig Salerno, 50, was a dispatcher for Continental Airlines and a lieutenant for a volunteer fire department. Salerno was also an amateur pilot who volunteered with the annual Wings Over Houston Airshow, where he served as a liaison between the main act and the show.

Thoughts with his family and coworkers at Continental Airlines.

Such a bad tragedy on so many levels...still cannot believe that actually happened....

Very sad to hear. Very tragic situation up there.

While it's been known within industry circles for a couple of days now, I wanted to wait until the name had been released publicly before posting anything. The dispatcher community lost of one of our own in the tragic crash at the Reno Air Races this past weekend, Continental Airlines Dispatcher Craig Salerno.

From an MSNBC.com article:

Thoughts with his family and coworkers at Continental Airlines.

Was out of the country and just watched the video on utube.

Obviously a catastrophic loss of flight control.

Sorry for the loss as that aren't that many of us. My sympathies are with his family.

That being said, I would like to see the races in Reno continued. I know they are dangerous. I attended once and was impressed with the balls the pilots have.

Anything worthwhile entails some risk. Aviation is sometimes deadly, but I appreciate those that push the envelope.

Not happy that innocents had to suffer though.

I knew him personally and was a great guy to be around and was always willing to help you. Such a bummer

Rest in Peace Craig. My heart breaks for your family...

Latest resources

Back