• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wasssup with 9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very likely they are still in negotiations with United and nothing is even decided. On the Delta side, it is very likely ATL and/or MEM CR9 will close and those 900's will be folded into existing XJ bases... which would save $$ on overhead.

Very likely they are still in negotiations with United and nothing is even decided. On the Delta side, it is very likely ATL and/or MEM CR9 will close and those 900's will be folded into existing XJ bases... which would save $$ on overhead.

Or both are done to create a JFK base.... since we all know that's where Delta sends companies to die. Can we just bulldoze that abortion of an airport into the ocean where it belongs?

sinking ship. But most pinnacle corp pilots are ignorant and happy with their 150% overtime, and waiting for southwest to call...

I thought they where waiting on Fred's place to call.

Bankruptcy IS going to happen. In some sense it isn't a big deal. I have been through two. It's just a management tool. Unfortunately, this time the tool is going to be used to cut a big chunk of crj 200s out of the Delta contract.

The one caveat is the feed agreement with Delta. It was explained to me that bankruptcy will nullify the contract with Delta. If this is true, I do not see how Delta could possibly NOT park a bunch of 50s. Look at the trouble they went through to park Freedom. Comair was just too easy since they owned them. The next place to slash 50s is the large regional crj200 operator that is in bankruptcy where half a fleet can be parked with the stroke of a pen. I can't believe Delta is not salvitating at the thought. And dare I say, seeing 9E on the brink, giving them a little nudge?

I wish you the best. I've been there. I know what it's like. This is just a temporary set back in your career. With a little kick in the butt you might find yourself better off more quickly than you thought.

Latest resources

Back