Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Was CAL headed towards CH 11 Part III before merger ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:laugh::laugh:

Um, job stealer, aka st. nic.
Calling Us Air East lucrative is like calling Al Qaeda peaceful!
Keep up the work junior. I'm sure that 190 pay is killing you!

Thanks for the personal attack- is that the best you can do? For a DALPA cheerleader who loves to throw their comair comrades under the bus, I guess so. And FYI, I'm flying a Boeing.

CAL didn't get a loan with it's spare parts inventory as collateral at 15% interest rates. CAL wasn't parking over 100 aircraft. CAL hasn't furloughed over 1400 pilots. CAL wasn't being shopped out to the highest bidder in a constant attempt to find a merger partner.

LTD gets reshuffled all the time. It's a problem but obviously not a big problem for CAL based on it's ability to secure relatively low interest rate financing during the 2nd worst economic downturn in America's history.

This is not a UAL vs. CAL thread.......pssst we are merged ...lol. Because we all know CAL was the most incredible airline to ever grace this planet.

You never answered the question - why would somebody release this press now? Keep your emotion out of it - if you can.

As retaliation for how things are going at the collective bargaining table. We've made some minor gains of late and mgt is not pleased. And, so pilot groups can play into their hands. This is standard stuff for CAL mgt. Been this way a long time. End of the year when it's time to pass out mgt bonuses, this will be meaningless.

Seems plausable..........I was thinking along the same lines with the MEC throwing the scope demands public. I guess two can play at that game......

Thank you for a non-FI response :)

This is a friendly warning from your neighborhood moderator.

This is a CAL thread.

You have been repeatedly warned about bringing up USAirways/AWA issues in a non-related thread. The next person who brings it up again gets a 7 day suspension. The next person after that... 30 days. The next person after that... I'm gonna start kicking people's tails right off this board permanently.

Stow it.

Thanks,

We now return you to your pre-shark-jumping CAL/UAL discussion.

/mod

Thank you Lear- this thread and article has no bearing on pilot issues- looking for wedges is NOT the answer- if you ask why the press release now- it's my belief that mgmt might love to have the pilots duke it out for years on end if it gains them something contractually. The only lesson is don't play into it no matter what conspiracy theory is out there.

Make your case - let it be arbitrated- live with it and get the contractual gains you both more than deserve. Don't be an example of how NOT to conduct a merger- SHOW management that they cannot divide us - be like drew brews and Jared Allen - be unified.

Was CAL headed towards bankruptcy? NO! This is from a website called gurufocus.com? Must be a friend of Jeff.

Note to Jeff-nice try.

About Author

Sudhanshu Jain is an MS Finance student at The University of Texas at Dallas. He has passed CFA Level I Exam and is a CFA Level II Candidate. He has also cleared GARP FRM Part I Exam and is a candidate for FRM Part II Exam. Sudhanshu has about two years of experience working as a financial analyst and has interests in turnaround, restructuring, value investing and equity analysis.

Stellar credentials

Was CAL headed towards bankruptcy? NO! This is from a website called gurufocus.com? Must be a friend of Jeff.

Note to Jeff-nice try.
What do you mean NICE TRY.....it was an honest question - why would he put this out there AFTER the merger was this far in progress? RTFQ pause - then read again slowly.

Skyflyin - since you know who I am but maybe you don't know me personally. I have many friends over at CAL and wouldn't want what has happened to me (furlough) to happen to ANYBODY (except the SCABS of course) at our (UAL/CAL) airline. I have watched my newest daughter grow up on Skype (she is one now) while I am in Southeast Asia working 6 days a week trying to keep my sanity. In less than a month after the shareholder votes it will be United Airlines.....start acting like it.

I am looking forward to having a career again under a leading contract.
If I have bruised your delicate sensabilties by asking a simple question - you have bigger problems to conquer.

For you to think that I have alterior motives about the post - well - you don't know me. Try giving me an e-mail to try to explain your point in more detail. I know you won't. BTW it isn't that hard to figure out my name - it isn't a secret sooo - Nice Try.

Back to the thread.......

JP

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back