Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CA1900

Big Member
Heard a rumor from a friend of a friend that Wal-Mart is looking to hire a few pilots. Learjet 31/35 first officers. Starting pay around $55,000. Three year guaranteed upgrade. Home almost every night. Relocation required, which they'll pay for. They'll type you right away.

Informational and a video here:
http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=285

Send resumes to [email protected] if interested.

Last edited:
Some of their pilots used to lurk on here from time to time. Maybe they can confirm this rumor.

Hey, the link to the email address for the walmart positions is returning as undeliverable mail. Do you have any other email address?

Talked to a couple of them when I did my Lear 31 training summer of 2004. Seemed happy, back then they said starting was $44K ... heck of a lot better pay increases than the airlines over that same time, Too bad it requires a relocation to Arkansas.

Now they pay 12,500/year with no insurance and a stack of welfare paperwork that they'll help you fill out if you want to complain about it.

But they'll let you work over time for free. But only if your a woman.

The cost of living in N.W. Arkansas is low and there's all that fun to be had. Wait, I used to overnight occasionally in XNA. I take that last part back.

Last edited:
Now they pay 12,500/year with no insurance and a stack of welfare paperwork that they'll help you fill out if you want to complain about it.

But they'll let you work over time for free. But only if your a woman.

The cost of living in N.W. Arkansas is low and there's all that fun to be had. Wait, I used to overnight occasionally in XNA. I take that last part back.

You must not have found Fayetteville. Bentonville/Rogers is boring, but Fayettevile is just about 20 minutes down the road and its a blast.

Any idea what kind of mins their flight dept has?

Last edited:
To be fair....I have heard this is true

I interviewed there in 2003, and while it was a great interview experience (everything paid for, cash for incidentals, etc) and the job sounded like a good one I left with a feeling that it was a very 'cultish' operation.

Pilots are considered management and as such have to attend the 0700 Saturday managment meetings which sounded like a bit of a weekly pep rally.

I'f I had been offered the job I would have taken it in a heartbeat, but I've heard things since that tend to confirm the impression I got in the interview.

Super nice folks though and a very professional sounding operation. Starting pay was $44k when I interviewed IIRC.

Latest resources

Back