• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On my last commute I sat by a retired pilot. He says he regrets picking up extra trips and wish he would have spent more time with family.

His wife must be 30 years old then. Most of the gummers I fly with do nothing but bitch about how old and fat their wives are and don't mind picking up extra trips.

His wife must be 30 years old then. Most of the gummers I fly with do nothing but bitch about how old and fat their wives are and don't mind picking up extra trips.

It all depends then where their layovers are. South America, Asia, Lubbock?

I'm not quite sure about W2 wages because they are not yet available. What I can say is that 2013 afforded me 119 days at work for the year. That turns out to be 9.91 days of work a month or 20 days off a month. That total includes 3 weeks of vacation and a small amount of sick calls. My time at Southwest works for me.

I'm not quite sure about W2 wages because they are not yet available. What I can say is that 2013 afforded me 119 days at work for the year. That turns out to be 9.91 days of work a month or 20 days off a month. That total includes 3 weeks of vacation and a small amount of sick calls. My time at Southwest works for me.

smug.

Yes, and many peoples times at other airlines works just as well for them too. That's the point of all the sarcasm on here. We all are fortunate enough to pay our bills by flying airliners around. It provides an income to allow any of us to fund what should be a nice lifestyle. If you aren't, it has nothing to do with who you fly for and if you do have a nice lifestyle it has less to do with who you fly for and more to do with how well you lead your life.
Comparing what you make compared to what anyone else makes is either a reason to make excuses for what you think you lack or a narcissistic need to gloat.

Yes, and many peoples times at other airlines works just as well for them too. That's the point of all the sarcasm on here. We all are fortunate enough to pay our bills by flying airliners around. It provides an income to allow any of us to fund what should be a nice lifestyle. If you aren't, it has nothing to do with who you fly for and if you do have a nice lifestyle it has less to do with who you fly for and more to do with how well you lead your life.
Comparing what you make compared to what anyone else makes is either a reason to make excuses for what you think you lack or a narcissistic need to gloat.

Some of the most bitter and generally unhappy pilots I've ever met are wide body captains making over 250/ year and work 10 days a month....!
You just have to read some of the usual posts here, people spending a lot of time trying to convince everyone that their airline is so great...! That they are enjoying their careers so much, everything from the layovers to what they feed them during the flight....., at the end is nothing but another performance of the sad clown!

Last edited:
I made $50.

Latest resources

Back