W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
6 year VA CA
Does not include per diem or 401K matches.
Gone 13 days a month.
Blocked 880.

Per diem was almost 5K.
Company added 8K to 401K.

6-7year Swa Fo
Commuter
Flew 780 hours
192k not including per diem or 401k match
17.5k 401k match
Profit sharing?

DougCorp-9 -- You gotta live it before you will believe it

At your TFP rate of 125.30 you would have to have averaged 136 TFP per month. If you had 12.5 days of work per month it would mean you averaged 10.92 TFP per day. I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. Sorry.

Kinda like the Healthcare bill where Congress had to pass it so we could see what was in it. You gotta get over to the SWA side, learn how to maximize our Trip Trade Give-A-Way, ELITT, and Open Time systems and then you'll understand. I'm not in a "cartel", my board is never blocked, I always play by the rules, and yes the numbers I gave were absolutely true. Like previously mentioned, using SWAPTIMIZER with 3 weeks of vacation, your training month pull, and a couple sick trips coupled by lots of premium make it quite easy to hit those numbers. I don't consider myself to be a "player"?but a guy who does optimize the schedule every month. The summer months really help the average where I'm banging out 160-180+ tfp per month. Flying premium while on vacation really pumps the numbers up. The "players" are averaging 160-180 tfp each and every month and flying 18-20 days a month to do that. My QOL and time with family are too important to jump into that arena. You do have to have some tolerance for risk to give away all or most of your trips every month and have the faith you'll be able to rebuild your schedule with Open and Premium time trips around the family schedule.

If that stresses you out?just fly your line, pick up a turn here and there and be content making a buck fifty. I'm just grateful we have the flexibility to rearrange our schedule and surge a few months if mama needs a knew pair of shoes?or new shoe closet for the 200 pair she already owns:)

I do have one footnote to add: the company's 401K match last year was more than my 17,500 match?they matched some make-up-contributions from a previous year while I was drilling for military duty.

Cheers and Welcome to the Team!
Speed

2 YR EMS King Air 90 Captain
63 hours block
$92.5K
$2.5K in education reimbursement
$1K in HSA
Not much in other benefits
3% 401k match
Average 18 days/month

Latest resources

Back