• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin CEO jumps to Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't go so far as to say he was unemployed after leaving Virgin and starting at Flexjet. At that level there are always projects and income is not an issue.

Riiight. At that level, by that I mean the third ring of Hell ...

I wouldn't go so far as to say he was unemployed after leaving Virgin and starting at Flexjet. At that level there are always projects and income is not an issue.

I liked Fred and thought he was very good at getting us through the DOT process. OTOH, the Delta boys & girls will give you another opinion. Fair enough.

I hear he LOVES CRJs.... The real story: he couldn't add them at VA so he moved to Flexjet to deploy his CRJs in the fractional world... You heard it here first.

I understand that his first order of business will involve bringing jumpseat rights for flexjet just like another fractional has.
Welcome Mr.Fred

What does that mean?

Jumpseats are usually reciprocal. There is a fractional with a jumpseat?

Texx! What's up? How have you been? How are things down there? PM me when you get a chance.

What does that mean?

Jumpseats are usually reciprocal. There is a fractional with a jumpseat?

It's a nice thought, but it's highly unlikely to ever happen. None of the fractionals that I know of have a reciprocal jumpseat agreement.

First of all, the owners would probably take a dim view of letting people get free rides on their airplanes.

Secondly, often we don't even know where we're going to end up on a given day. But even if there was a system to view scheduled empty legs that someone could theoretically ride on, what happens when the flight phone rings enroute and dispatch wants you to divert and drop into East Nowhere for whatever reason? It happens all the time. "Sorry Mr. Jumpseater, this non-airline airport 350 miles from anywhere is where you get off. Have a nice day!"

Back on topic- bring on the Globals! :nuts:

Last edited:
Back on topic- bring on the Globals! :nuts:

I was looking at the AIR (an aviation newpaper ?), anyway, they are trying to push these used CRJs as a cheap, large cabin, corporate plane. The emphasis is the planes can be bought for about 10million, and fully outfitted for an additional 6-10 million (20 million). $20 million, ready in 6-9 months, 3000 mile range, and a good size cabin vs. 40-50 million, a 3-5 yr wait for a new plane.

And as someone previously said, that Reid likes the RJ.

???

Hi!

A buddy of mine has a job flying used ERJ-45s that are refitted like a corporate aircraft. Much cheaper than buying a new Legacy.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back