Virgin CEO jumps to Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Club ORD FO

Sorry is this asked somewhere else, I couldn't find it.

So the Virgin CEO, FR, has been hired by Flexjet. I'm wondering what you Virgin folks think of that... Good guy? Why is he leaving Virgin?

Your headline is misleading......First of all Fred Reid is NOT CEO of VA. He had to step down as part of VA being given authority to start operations last year. His close ties to Richard Branson cited as the reason.

David Cush is CEO of VA and has been since November of 2007.
IATA
VXICAO
VRDCallsign
REDWOODFounded2004Commenced operationsAugust 8, 2007HubsSan Francisco International AirportFrequent flyer programeleVAteFleet size25Destinations7Parent companyVAI Partners LLCCompany sloganThis is How to FlyHeadquartersBurlingame, CaliforniaKey peopleC. David Cush (CEO)
Donald J. Carty (Chairman)
Bob Dana (CFO)Website: http://www.virginamerica.com

Last edited:
VX CEO is David Cush. He's been there since November '07

The DOT forced VX to replace Reid as a condition for getting their certificate.

Ahh, okay thanks for the clarification. The internal memo we got made it sound like he just came from there.

Decent guy? We're hoping he'll push for Globals and start to grow us more aggressively.

Ahh, okay thanks for the clarification. The internal memo we got made it sound like he just came from there.

Decent guy? We're hoping he'll push for Globals and start to grow us more aggressively.
He is an organizer. He is a strong tactician. He is aggressive. I will stop there.

How so oh rocket surgeon?

Shows you how much I follow VX. The article should have stated he was unemployed after leaving VX back in the fall.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he was unemployed after leaving Virgin and starting at Flexjet. At that level there are always projects and income is not an issue.

I liked Fred and thought he was very good at getting us through the DOT process. OTOH, the Delta boys & girls will give you another opinion. Fair enough.

Latest resources

Back