• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America may seek public offering next year, CEO says

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And he most likely had some good looking flight attendants and an entertainment system/internet etc vs looking at the back of his seat for 5 plus hours. OH THE HUMANITY!!! :D

I'm willing to bet the United flight went full. Oh, good chance it was on a new 737 with DirecTV as well.

It's a stupid article anyway, there's nothing new about "United" being dominant at Newark. It just happens that a couple of years ago it was Continental, not United. Now they're the same to the passengers.

Yes, it costs more to fly coast to coast now. The price of fuel has gone up, and the price of the pilots flying the route will also go up. At least they will for the merged United pilots.

I'm willing to bet the United flight went full. Oh, good chance it was on a new 737 with DirecTV as well.

It's a stupid article anyway, there's nothing new about "United" being dominant at Newark. It just happens that a couple of years ago it was Continental, not United. Now they're the same to the passengers.

Yes, it costs more to fly coast to coast now. The price of fuel has gone up, and the price of the pilots flying the route will also go up. At least they will for the merged United pilots.

But lets not ignore the fact that United has a monopoly on the nonstop EWR-SFO route. No one else does it non-stop. That's the point of those fares. Had their been competition, (eg, SWA, JetBlue, or VA) operating that same route, you can bet the fares would be lower and competing with one another.

And he most likely had some good looking flight attendants and an entertainment system/internet etc vs looking at the back of his seat for 5 plus hours. OH THE HUMANITY!!! :D

O no, god forbid someone had to sit for a few hours without some kind of electronic stimulation. As for your FA's - check back in a few years and we'll see how good looking and "chipper" they are after some time in this industry.

O no, god forbid someone had to sit for a few hours without some kind of electronic stimulation. As for your FA's - check back in a few years and we'll see how good looking and "chipper" they are after some time in this industry.

Only one problem with that. I dont think they will be around in a few years.

Actually, having internet or satellite TV makes a world of difference when it comes to Transcon flights. I commute a long way, and I gladly pay the 40 bucks to have wifi for the month. 5-6 hours of starring at the back of the seat in front of you isnt fun. There is a reason why Jetblue, VX, and Delta Song have (had, in the case of song) added TVs to their fleet.

I enjoy seeing the airlines trying to outdo each other to try and win customers. Thats how its done in the hotel biz, where I spent a number of years. The shift of trying to win customers by providing better service and amenities is great to see. Instead of airlines taking away blankets and pillows and trying to see how much they can save.

Wow......there is a lot of company pride over there at Redwood......what the hell are they putting in the water over there......
If every worker in all facets of industry was as enthusiastic about their company as you guys are, U.S. industry in general would steamroll the world in a month......
I enjoy your enthusiasm, and wish you all the luck......
And for LearLove.....The Stew stock has been dropping considerably, but a least young....I see quite a few bum'in rides.....at least they are females.....

O no, god forbid someone had to sit for a few hours without some kind of electronic stimulation.

So you would advocate for providing a product without the amenities your consumers want because you disagree with their preference for being distracted from the boredom of a transcon flight with electronic entertainment...hmmm.

Do you find you struggle with the basics of a service oriented business model often, or is it just in this case?

Latest resources

Back