Virgin America 1Q loss $76 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll start. :)
I'm sure plenty of those RJ capts delta just sold out would love to work at Virgin with their wages-

Do you mean they took away their RJ jobs by reducing the total number? You are correct.

I'm convinced that the VA investors have unlimited deep pockets and have no limits on the losses they are willing to sustain. VA will continue until it shows a pattern of profitability and can be re-capitalized with public equity, regardless of how many years this takes. These folks are in for the duration apparently.

Maybe so but I'm curious as to how a public offering of a company that has been consistently unprofitable goes.

Best of luck to all at VA. Some great people there.

I just heard on Bloomberg that Branson just wrote another check for around 76 million for VA. Coincidence? Find out at 11.

I'm convinced that the VA investors have unlimited deep pockets and have no limits on the losses they are willing to sustain. VA will continue until it shows a pattern of profitability and can be re-capitalized with public equity, regardless of how many years this takes. These folks are in for the duration apparently.

Hubris is a powerful motivator! Branson will not let a Virgin company fail until it's well out of his control.

NetJet pilots use to say that.

I'll start. :)
I'm sure plenty of those RJ capts delta just sold out would love to work at Virgin with their wages-

Wave, I hope you don't go around saying anyone who goes to work for an upstart LCC at lower than industry standard wages is a sellout around your senior pilots......

Latest resources

Back