• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA Card Count

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow! If they are giving up THAT much, then there must be a serious flaw with the award. If they are giving up that much, their resolve must be STRONG!!!

Exactly. I love how west posters keep harping on the situation as if to imply that the east guys are just plain stupid.

By embracing the concept of a vote, east pilots are finally behaving like union brothers. All of the childish disrespect you read from west pilots mimics the politics of fear so prevalent in the media these days.

Seniority is a huge issue, and I'm certainly glad there's an attempt being made to respect it. Probably a lost cause, but very much worth a try.

If you guys are so sure that houses will never sell in PHX again and that none of you want to come fly left seat in the east, then why are you not fast-tracking things by offering a fence?

Furthermore, how about this: promotions by seniority, with fences, but furloughs go by date of hire. You guys have a problem with that?

Cool....call your reps and let's get on with it. See, this way, east 1988 hires won't have to be furloughed four times while west 2005 hires never see one.

If you guys are so sure that houses will never sell in PHX again and that none of you want to come fly left seat in the east, then why are you not fast-tracking things by offering a fence?
Offer a fence in return for what? You know, a negotiation usually means a give-and-take. What do you have to offer us? Right now you're effectively holding a gun to our head and demanding a concession -- and you wonder why we don't just give in to your reasonable offer? Pull the trigger! Go ahead, I dare ya.
Furthermore, how about this: promotions by seniority, with fences, but furloughs go by date of hire. You guys have a problem with that?
Yes, we definitely do have a problem with that. Nicolau's decision ensured that future furloughs would be shared by both sides. Now you propose that we be your furlough-fodder? Gee, I wonder why that ain't going over so well.

Wow! If they are giving up THAT much, then there must be a serious flaw with the award. If they are giving up that much, their resolve must be STRONG!!!

Actually put it to a vote. Give the East pilots a chance to vote on desent TA. (Doug needs to put up too.) Then you will see what they give up. Just a few whinning furloughees, that should be happy to have returned to this mess, and the AAA LEC, MEC reps, keep this crying game going.

What flaw in the award? Get over it...Its a done deal! It is time to move on....."How about I take half your money, take you outside, kick you in the nuts and we call it a day"...Vegas Vacation

Done deal????

Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Offer a fence in return for what? You know, a negotiation usually means a give-and-take. What do you have to offer us? Right now you're effectively holding a gun to your head and demanding a concession -- and you wonder why we don't just give in to your reasonable offer? Pull the trigger! Go ahead, I dare ya.Yes, we definitely do have a problem with that. Nicolau's decision ensured that future furloughs would be shared by both sides. Now you propose that we be your furlough-fodder? Gee, I wonder why that ain't going over so well.

I knew what you meant TWA, but I fixed it for you anyway. BTW, well said!

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. Nicolau dovetailed all the active pilots on the list.

Easy, since then the furloughed guys have all been called back, so now the west has a 500 or so buffer. (I dont know the exact number of the 1700 furloughed that came back)
add 20 or so poolies, and now new hires to the mix and you get a nice buffer for furlough fodder.

Easy, since then the furloughed guys have all been called back, so now the west has a 500 or so buffer. (I dont know the exact number of the 1700 furloughed that came back)
add 20 or so poolies, and now new hires to the mix and you get a nice buffer for furlough fodder.

These guys didn't have a job when the list was done and were placed accordingly. If a guy doesn't want to be "furlough fodder".............don't come back.

Oh wait how silly of me!! Without the merger "IF" he was recalled to AAA, it would have been to the bottom. So just exactly how did Nic adversely affect what was going to happen to a furloughed guy.

Latest resources

Back