• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways thx but no thx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well said. Hope it works out for you. Career expectations are never a given.

M

Thanks, I hope so too. Either way the MOU bucks and hopefully a decent JCBA will provide livable wages even if I sit right-seat for the majority of my career here. Plus, being miserable is a conscious choice. I choose to not be miserable.

Ya, I got the rejection... Then got the oops email. I checked my profile and had an empty offer letter dated today. Also had a accept or decline question below. Not sure what's up...
Got it too, don't know what to make of it. I hope it means we will be getting a call.

I'll chime in and say I think US is a great place. I was scheduled to get married when I got hired at AWA. I was going to reschedule the honeymoon, because it conflicted with training. They said, no, and gave me 2 weeks off, with pay. Unbelievable.

97/100 crews are awesome. Had a Captain pick up a $500 tab in Athens for lamb and red wine for the crew. FAs overall treat us well. If someone is an a$$ normally it is coming from an external factor.

Congrats on the marriage.

I too had the series of emails. Mine upon opening had been altered by the HR department to a "declination" box being checked as it looks like my TBNT letter was what they had wanted to send.

Just the fact that you think that is remarkable and unbelievable, says a lot!

It's remarkable because many airlines don't let guys out of training. At Eagle we thought the guy was joking when he told us we had class on Thanksgiving, he wasn't kidding.

Got the rejection email also, but received the oops it was a mistake email just shortly thereafter. My app still says under review. A little confusing, but I guess we'll see what happens. Good luck to all!

Consider yourself lucky. Everyone I know who has flown for airways (and American) says that it is a miserable, soul-sucking existence. I can only imagine what it'll be like post-merger.

I would trade my miserable experience at Pinnacle any day for any mainline experience. Even if they are miserable, they are still treated better than if they were at the regionals. They might be miserable, but I have ran into some real good people when I interviewed and had US Airways jumps seaters. I got the rejection after an interview and I will apply and try again when the window opens. Good luck to everyone.

Latest resources

Back