• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways thx but no thx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm happy to be at US Airways also. I don't think I've ever been as optimistic about my future as I am now. Everyone here at ALL the bases are great guys/gals. The complainers posting here all the time are a small minority. I actually wonder if some of them even work here.

Best of luck to everyone. Keep your head up and keep trying.

I'm not miserable

Airways rocks. I am happy to be here. Ignore the moron flamers on here.

I'm happy to be at US Airways also. I don't think I've ever been as optimistic about my future as I am now. Everyone here at ALL the bases are great guys/gals. The complainers posting here all the time are a small minority. I actually wonder if some of them even work here.

Best of luck to everyone. Keep your head up and keep trying.

Yup..

Other sites were reporting more than one person got a rejection email....and then a follow-up email saying the rejection email was a mistake.....and when they opened the 2nd email, USAir saw they had opened it, and called them with further info...

How times change. Funny. Reminds me of United in the mid 90's.

M

I think it's a matter of managed expectations. I expected this to be far better than the ********************ty regional I was working for and nothing more. So far it's exceeded my expectations in that regard. I do have to ward off all of the captains telling me how great I'm going to have it however, because I'm not the first person to be told that at this airline.

I think it's a matter of managed expectations. I expected this to be far better than the ********************ty regional I was working for and nothing more. So far it's exceeded my expectations in that regard. I do have to ward off all of the captains telling me how great I'm going to have it however, because I'm not the first person to be told that at this airline.

Well said. Hope it works out for you. Career expectations are never a given.

M

Consider yourself lucky. Everyone I know who has flown for airways (and American) says that it is a miserable, soul-sucking existence. I can only imagine what it'll be like post-merger.

Maybe it's you making them miserable, a$$wipe!

Last edited:
I'll chime in and say I think US is a great place. I was scheduled to get married when I got hired at AWA. I was going to reschedule the honeymoon, because it conflicted with training. They said, no, and gave me 2 weeks off, with pay. Unbelievable.

Ya, I got the rejection... Then got the oops email. I checked my profile and had an empty offer letter dated today. Also had a accept or decline question below. Not sure what's up...

I'll chime in and say I think US is a great place. I was scheduled to get married when I got hired at AWA. I was going to reschedule the honeymoon, because it conflicted with training. They said, no, and gave me 2 weeks off, with pay. Unbelievable.

Just the fact that you think that is remarkable and unbelievable, says a lot!

Latest resources

Back