• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways E190 Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard that the west pilots, fly tricycle, while the east pilots fly taildragger. East pilots, has wrecked more metal than any others airlines combined. ( Denver, Las Vegas, TPA twice, PHL, CLT ).

You heard wrong! The west pilots are pimping airplanes taken over by east crews. Dirty shoulder straps, windows not closed all the way and switches out of position! Dangerous stuff. The FAA is involved looking at west crews. They can't be trusted

I'm not sure if this means anything but your east west bs is actually a reason I'm afraid to come to the new American. I have this fear that usapa or the west won't be able to function during the sli and apa will smoke them both and all new hires on the us side will end up stapled to the bottom or something with like 20 year fences. You guys have such a great opportunity no matter how old or how junior or senior you are to not only follow in deltas footsteps but surpass them. This easties and westicles crap is really lame, really immature, and could cost you guys everything. Just look at united, they can't figure it out yet! Are you guys going to hold these grudges forever and what's it going to take to stop? Loss of life? Bent metal?

Start worrying about passing the interview; the reasons why you want to work at American. Instead of asking whether KORD or KCLT is slated to be shut down, concentrate on TMAAT questions and how you may better pass the SSP this time. Otherwise, you won't have a decision to make.

Are you guys going to hold these grudges forever and what's it going to take to stop? Loss of life? Bent metal?
I think both of those possibilities are quite real once crews are mixed. More likely is the passive-aggressive BS that will end up with one or both pilots getting a violation for a runway incursion or altitude bust solely due to the overwhelming distraction of having a pilot 3 feet away from you whom you either prosecuted or defended against for 8 years.

There is basically 3 reasons the 190 goes junior. Pay, Base and Flying.

1. Pay, it's low, we've pretty much established that. Goes up a good amount by the end of the MTA. For right now a $25/hr across the board increase in 190 rates would end this situation IMO.

2. Base: Only in PHL. (from 07 to Jan 2010 they were in CLT also but the base closed when we sold the 10 to Rep.) If you live in CLT or DCA there is really no reason to commute to PHL just to be a 190 CA. I know I wouldn't. In CLT I'd just bid the 767 for the pay or be a line holder on the small bus for QOL. Why commute for the same pay and more responsibility? Only if you really want to be a CA I guess.

3. Flying. Mostly shuttle. 3 to 5 legs/day. Most of you guys are girly wussies and can't handle the pain.

Speaking of pain, if you're going to bid the 190 in any seat get ready to feel some pain in your a$$ and legs. I want to find the engineer that designed the seats in this thing and duct tape him/her to the seat and see how they like it. I've sat on metal bleachers watching my niece pay soccer for 90 minutes and was more comfortable than a 30 minute BOS-LGA leg in the 190 seat.

Last edited:
I heard that the west pilots, fly tricycle, while the east pilots fly taildragger. East pilots, has wrecked more metal than any others airlines combined. ( Denver, Las Vegas, TPA twice, PHL, CLT ).

Only thing is you don't have control over (bad) luck, so this statement is sort of dumb. I flew with a crappy Mexican airline years ago (Aerolineas Internacionales) and still wonder why they hadn't crashed.

Even Superpilots bend airplanes once in a while, just look over the pond!

1. Pay, it's low, we've pretty much established that. Goes up a good amount by the end of the MTA. For right now a $25/hr across the board increase in 190 rates would end this situation IMO.

2. Base: Only in PHL. (from 07 to Jan 2010 they were in CLT also but the base closed when we sold the 10 to Rep.) If you live in CLT or DCA there is really no reason to commute to PHL just to be a 190 CA. I know I wouldn't. In CLT I'd just bid the 767 for the pay or be a line holder on the small bus for QOL. Why commute for the same pay and more responsibility? Only if you really want to be a CA I guess.

3. Flying. Mostly shuttle. 3 to 5 legs/day. Most of you guys are girly wussies and can't handle the pain.

Speaking of pain, if you're going to bid the 190 in any seat get ready to feel some pain in your a$$ and legs. I want to find the engineer that designed the seats in this thing and duct tape him/her to the seat and see how they like it. I've sat on metal bleachers watching my niece pay soccer for 90 minutes and was more comfortable than a 30 minute BOS-LGA leg in the 190 seat.

You forgot one.

4. Ego. (Its an E190 and its not a Boeing or Airbus product.)

Second this; the 190 has the worst pilot seats of any airplane
I've ever flown. Sitting 4 hours a day on top of a 5 gallon
paint bucket would be more comfortable.

Latest resources

Back