• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Wholly-owned done for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
None of it makes sense. If U is in dire straits, why antagonize the WO's? I think we can do more to help if given a fair chance.

We all need to stay strong and not let managment strong arm us into a deal that is bad for our guys and preserve dads livilihood and sends ours into a downward spiral.

Believe it our not, I think all the regionals are watching what is going on at U, and we are defently in the superbowl game of regional versus mainline company's.

Stay strong boys and girls.

500: Let me know what Seigals answer was this time when you ask the question in PHL. I'd love to hear it.

If one used Siegel's (ill)logic, CMR should never have flown jets when they became the CL-65 U.S. launch customer. Prior to the time the CL-65 arrived on the property, CMR operated SF-340s, EMB-120s, Shorts 330s, EMB-110s and Metroliners. Does that mean CMR pilots were not and should not be flying any jets? I hope one of you asks that question.

The argument Siegel is using is similar to the one APA used when jets were planned for AE. It seems ALPA has Siegel right where they want him.

Good luck wholly owned pilots!

Fly safe!

500'AGL,

I've noticed one huge money eater for the wholly owneds. If you've been to CLT recently, to me, it seems like the ground ops is terribly over staffed. You walk by some gates on the E Concourse and there are a lot of times 6-8 agents at each podium, plus there is a constant turnover of folks. It was seeming as though every Monday there was a new class of new hires being indoc-ed.

Believe me when I say I know the situatution you're in and I feel for ya all. But this is merely just an observation on my part.

"If one used Siegel's (ill)logic, CMR should never have flown jets when they became the CL-65 U.S. launch customer. Prior to the time the CL-65 arrived on the property, CMR operated SF-340s, EMB-120s, Shorts 330s, EMB-110s and Metroliners. Does that mean CMR pilots were not and should not be flying any jets?"

Not only that.. look at US Air's history.. where did mainline come from? A bunch of inexperienced turbo-prop pilots... started flying jets... give me a break Siegal!!!!!!!!!

They are saying anything at this point to save this sinking ship.

They will most likely survive, but at the expence of alot of good people (regionals) and alot of talking out of both sides of the mouth proving they don't give a hoot about the people that are actually saving this airline, thats right, the WO's.

Hey, when it comes down to saying that an airline is not going to get jets becuase they cant handle them, well , after that what can you believe or take seriously from them.

USAir wants to cut costs: so, they fire the lowest paid employees in their system (WO fo's) and replace them with crews where each makes CA pay regardless of seat?

That makes lots of sense...no wonder USAir is going down the toilet.

RR

328dude

I was just wondering if you had any idea how many AA guys you have over there and how close they are from being furloughed. I'm an AA'er and was just curious about their status. Alot of us have been trying to figure out how many guys have gotten flying jobs since last Oct. Good luck to you guys and thanks for any info!!

Hey, didn't Seigel Run CO-Ex.

And wasn't CO-Ex all turbo Props.

Now they have JETS and these pilots are doing a great job.

So his comments have no substance.

He's just throwing stones at WO for not caving in to his Bull S**t plan.

Maybe he should offer food stamps next time. The poor gets poorer and the rich gets richer. I guess Seigel's next plan will be to hire Day Laborers. How Low can you go....

Terminated Alg pilot.....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back