• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways "I'm on board lanyards?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, Puffy, if I had respect for a bunch scam artists, liars, and opportunists I don't think I'd brag about it.

Wow, Puffy, if I had respect for a bunch scam artists, liars, and opportunists I don't think I'd brag about it.

There was no bragging, it was a statement.

I am a former TWA pilot, and definitely don't brag about it. It was an embarrassing time in my life.

USAirways is a surviving pilot group, and comments by the juveniles on this board aren't going to bring them down, nor will anything else most likely. SWA seems to have its share of scumbags too, as does Delta, as AMWest certainly did, etc.

In summary, YAWN.

Were you fired? I'd be embarrassed of that too. If you're still a pilot who do you fly for now?

I know that it would fit into your childish rant if I were fired, but unfortunately for you, I moved on to greener pastures.

Do you realize that the same barbs you are throwing at USAir would have been hurled at the TWA pilots should message boards have been around at the time- scumbag group flying for crummy compensation; a bottom feeder airline that should just go away. Many of those same people talked that way about America West, who never really did anything to help the cause in aviation compensation; who even led the charge to change age 60 leading to the stagnation we have experienced over the past few years.

Indeed every airline at one time or another has had its dark days, but not every one has had its shining moment. The USAirways pilots are merely doing what they've always done--trying to deal with the blows dealt to them in the best way they know how. They are taking care of their own, while everyone else--including members of their own union--has been planning around their demise; writing them off the books as another failure. This is a group that led the industry in contractual compensation for many years while TWA was dragging the bar--through no fault of their own.

Meanwhile, we applaud the likes of SWA, Fed Ex, UPS--all of whom do not have that shining moment-merely riding the coattails of the true advancers of this profession.

By all means, feel free to carry on with you web board immaturity. Judging by your "credentials" you are a johnny-come-lately to the process. That would be fine, except you have not the humility to even try to understand what it is like to walk in another's shoes. In the mean time, those who have seen more, done more, and forgotten more than you ever will will continue to do what they do: smile through the rain, laugh at the pain, and flow with the changes till the sun comes out again--Wet Willie.

Back to your playpen.

Nice rant. You rationalize with complete sentences. People with integrity live up to their commitments. The AWA and US Airways pilots had a deal: we'd let an arbitrator settle our seniority. The pilot group you admire so much decided they didn't like it and are trying to impose something beneficial to them. I'm glad you left TWA. I'm embarrassed you were ever there.

Nice rant. You rationalize with complete sentences. People with integrity live up to their commitments. The AWA and US Airways pilots had a deal: we'd let an arbitrator settle our seniority. The pilot group you admire so much decided they didn't like it and are trying to impose something beneficial to them. I'm glad you left TWA. I'm embarrassed you were ever there.

YAWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Nothing to see here. Bored. Leaving. I'll leave you to be king of the thread. It's all you have.

The on board tactics by (east) airways are juvenile.

The entitlement and arrogant culture by the yellow lanyards (not everyone over there sporting the yellow) is childish.

Perhaps. I have not seen them for myself. I have seen some antics by west crews which are just as juvenile. I know several east pilots who are on board, but do not flaunt it with a lanyard for that very reason. They are not so much anti-niccolau as they are anti-alpa and the events surrounding alpa.
FWIW

I know that it would fit into your childish rant if I were fired, but unfortunately for you, I moved on to greener pastures.

Do you realize that the same barbs you are throwing at USAir would have been hurled at the TWA pilots should message boards have been around at the time- scumbag group flying for crummy compensation; a bottom feeder airline that should just go away. Many of those same people talked that way about America West, who never really did anything to help the cause in aviation compensation; who even led the charge to change age 60 leading to the stagnation we have experienced over the past few years.

Indeed every airline at one time or another has had its dark days, but not every one has had its shining moment. The USAirways pilots are merely doing what they've always done--trying to deal with the blows dealt to them in the best way they know how. They are taking care of their own, while everyone else--including members of their own union--has been planning around their demise; writing them off the books as another failure. This is a group that led the industry in contractual compensation for many years while TWA was dragging the bar--through no fault of their own.

Meanwhile, we applaud the likes of SWA, Fed Ex, UPS--all of whom do not have that shining moment-merely riding the coattails of the true advancers of this profession.

By all means, feel free to carry on with you web board immaturity. Judging by your "credentials" you are a johnny-come-lately to the process. That would be fine, except you have not the humility to even try to understand what it is like to walk in another's shoes. In the mean time, those who have seen more, done more, and forgotten more than you ever will will continue to do what they do: smile through the rain, laugh at the pain, and flow with the changes till the sun comes out again--Wet Willie.

Back to your playpen.

Well said Puff!

Latest resources

Back