• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was 29 when hired at US a few months ago. I wasnt the youngest in my class either. We had a 27 yr old. I know of many sub 30 guys that have gotten on in '13. Should be a good ride. Maybe. Hopefully.
I wouldnt worry one bit about being under 30. In the interview they seemed entertained and happy about my age, not skeptical and cynical.
Good luck all.

I was 29 when hired at US a few months ago. I wasnt the youngest in my class either. We had a 27 yr old. I know of many sub 30 guys that have gotten on in '13. Should be a good ride. Maybe. Hopefully.
I wouldnt worry one bit about being under 30. In the interview they seemed entertained and happy about my age, not skeptical and cynical.
Good luck all.

I flew with an F/O in the E190 that was 26 a few months ago. A few years ago US Airways was not high on the list for career airlines. Now they're beating the door down to get in.

I wonder what has changed?

Good luck all.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you youngins around.

Kid in my class hired at age 22. No Part 121 PIC. 2200 TT.

Helps that his granddad hired two middle management morans?

Dude, that was over 5 years ago!

I flew with an F/O in the E190 that was 26 a few months ago. A few years ago US Airways was not high on the list for career airlines. Now they're beating the door down to get in.

It's the only place hiring. And continental too..,

People want out of their regional jobs. A few years ago you had other airlines that were hiring that seemed like a much better choice than US. Now, not so much.

With the pending aa merger you would be a fool NOT to come to airways..
We'll be the biggest and hopefully the highest paid in the industry.

Also the retirements at us air alone are higher than delta in the next few years, that's not even counting the massive aa retirements that will be added on. At some point we lose over 1000 a year. Senority is number one and even more important than pay in some respects.

Latest resources

Back