• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You do realize that the rumor was posted by a flame baiter on another forum, right? You also realize that there wasn't even a class last Monday? The next class is set for this coming Monday.

It's entirely untrue and frankly a dumb thing to post. New hires are offered positions that are VACANCIES from the previous bid award. Bud of mine has 24+ years and couldn't get back to CLT from PHL because there were none at his seniority and then they go and offer it to a new hire instead?

And yes, the last initial class actually started late Feb. All others are short courses - Requal and differences (319 to 330 ) for the entire month of March.

Last edited:
So does anybody have any idea how many people there are left from the August requisition number who have not been rejected, and specifically who had the View Directions link?

I'm still wondering if being Under Review from that window still will lead to an interview...

How many more does US plan to hire this year?

US Airways Hiring

A lot of people were really beating up on US Airways the last few years.

Now it seems like guys are beating down the door to get in. Gee, I wonder why?

Seriously, good luck to all trying to get hired. I think it's very exciting over here now. I'm flying with a lot of new hires under 30. What an incredible future they have ahead.

I think it's very exciting over here now. I'm flying with a lot of new hires under 30. What an incredible future they have ahead.

Hope you're right. History however teachers caution with those kinds of predictions. Remember UAL in the 90's...same kind of talk going on then. Time will tell, it's still the airline business and that should make most of us at least a bit skeptical until the day we retire.

Lets hope they dont forget about us just over 40 who spent years in the military and then got stuck for 10 years at a regional and now want to be at US Airways. Its been over a month since my interview-still waiting and still hoping. Good luck to everyone. The interviewers were top notch and great to talk with.

Good luck to you xjhawk a lot of us would just love an interview call right about now but you almost have it worse. Usair has the worst interview process, from the third party system that picks people randomly to the waiting game you play to see if you have a job.

So does anybody have any idea how many people there are left from the August requisition number who have not been rejected, and specifically who had the View Directions link?

I'm still wondering if being Under Review from that window still will lead to an interview...

I'm still from August and got no rejection letter but no call also had the view the directions link. I wonder if we can make it a full year?

I'd heard 430 In Jan but just heard from the guy in charge of hiring it'll be closer to 250 or so this.

Nothing to do with the American merger, as everyone thinks, since that whole deal is 18 months out from the end of bankruptcy issues which won't be resolved until Sept. (24 months total).

Seems to be the following bogging down the hiring:

Not enough training center capacity.

Age 65 causing a lot of check airmen out the door. The gent that did my ride last week was to gone next month. Lots of resulting movement within the Training Dept itself.

Hiring 400 + Flt Attendants as well clogging HR.

17 narrow body Airbuses this year replacing 737's being parked.

Growing by 5 A-330's which start South America out of PHL plus the new ASVAB-B ( or what ever the hell it's called ) being implemented over the North Atlantic requiring training.

200+ attrition

800 pilots over 60

Anyhow, it's started and will not be stopping unless we go to age 67 (Gawd!)

If you got your app in - congrats. SInce the AMR thing the resulting resume flood is behind you.

Latest resources

Back