• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air financial struggles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget that those comments were boilerplate language attached to the press release of the raising of a hundred and some odd million dollars in a stock offering. Thats just standard SEC stuff.
I'm not discounting the challenges, but I wouldn't get to alarmed yet over SEC inspired boilerplate.

Synergy vs. symbiosis

N1atEcon said:
Doesn't synergy or synegism have to do with biology and organisms acting together?

Sorry for the tangent.

But Synergy is when you get a greater result from two things than you could've gotten from just one.

And Symbiosis describes the mutual relationship between the parasite and the host where both derive some benefit from the relationship.

As for the airlines I'm not sure who the parasites are and who the hosts are.

Good luck.

It's kind of funny how up until now management has billed this as the best thing to come along since sliced bread, and now after we just started negotiations for a combined contract we start to hear how tough the times ahead are going to be speech. Hasn't management revised their playbook yet? This is getting old real fast.:angryfire

As for the airlines I'm not sure who the parasites are and who the hosts are.

Well, according to, ahem, Doug Parker - It sounds like AWA is the Host and AAA is the parasite..............

I guess Dougie finally took a good look at what's going on at PHL. :eek:

BeCareful! said:
So tell us, PHX, where is your superior career judgement going to take you next? Or are you just going to sit there at US Airways and bitc#?

Ohhhhh I don't know...... Maybe come over to PSA and swipe a Captains seat from one of there Senior F/O's....just like you did:rolleyes: .

PHXFLYR:cool:

JetMonkey said:
I guess Dougie finally took a good look at what's going on at PHL. :eek:

Quite an eye opener...especially the F Concourse. Maybe Be Careful can share some stories with us.

capt. megadeth said:
Oh, I am sure the slimeballs can squeeze a little more with their never ending "we need x million or we will liquidate" blackmail

Liquidate??? That means I can go home? Never having to set foot in an airliner again???? You're such a tease!!!!!:)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back