• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US/AA Nov 4 Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My buddy was furloughed, got a good job elsewhere, finally took his recall and he said they treated him like a new hire, complete with the expectation that he should have the GIANT KOOLIE SMILE going 24-7 while he was in training. Pay no mind to the fact Bankruptcy was announced days after he started class. Every instructor/check air dude spent more time trying to SPIN the BK as "a good thing" than they did dealing with the training.

Maybe they did some house cleaning. I know that I gave him all my LNAV/VNAV, RNP handouts from SWA and he was quite appreciative.

Yeah they did do some house cleaning. The training was some of the easiest I've ever had in my life.

Haven't been here too long , been through training on two airplanes and it's been a pretty damn relaxed process. Compared to regional Nazi training it's been a vacation.

Haven't been here too long , been through training on two airplanes and it's been a pretty damn relaxed process. Compared to regional Nazi training it's been a vacation.

Most regionals have instructors that are just there to pad their resumes and have a massive.ego. It's seems at least here there is a more.nature group.

OK then. I haven't been told anything pro or con about the AA training. What I will say is that in the past 10 years between MDA and mainline I couldn't come up with one single complaint about any of the US Air training. From the instructors/check airman to the curriculum/training material everything has been top knotch in my opinion. I hope it doesn't change.

OK then. I haven't been told anything pro or con about the AA training. What I will say is that in the past 10 years between MDA and mainline I couldn't come up with one single complaint about any of the US Air training. From the instructors/check airman to the curriculum/training material everything has been top knotch in my opinion. I hope it doesn't change.

I was intricately involved with the USAir training center (CLT) back in '96 as a hired gun and it was nothing less than stellar. Wish I remember the instructor that I had. F16 reservist with us in the E sessions. Guy was an absolute hammer. Had the SIM nailed (which is sometimes a problem) and had teaching skills I've never witnessed since. However, dudes that went thru before us had lots of problems (transitioning from props to jets). All boiled down to he said she said. From where I sat the (CLT) training center was a "gentlemans" program.

Just curious, but what is it that makes the DFW 737 training program so notorious? Can anyone elaborate on the current training regiment there?????

I only have ONE person to create feedback from. Basically:

Hillbilly good ole boy mentality
Expectations of a$$ kissing to the enth degree and if don't come then....
No real TRAINING to speak of, instead
"Know what I want when I want it"
Had (at the time) no real operational knowledge of the 800 especially
FMC

Latest resources

Back