• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5 said:
When I intervied that was a Question?

What is first year pay?
Can you live on that? Or something along the lines of are you prepared to accept that?

It sucks a lot worse in reality than it sounds

No doubt first year pay is rough, and nothing to be proud of around here. My first year I made an extra $2000.00 because of some of the trips I got. I ran into another guy who grossed $52K his first year, but that involved a lot of flying and that was over 5 years ago too. My point is that you can and probably will make above $26K. No guarantee of it, but the possibility is there.

If this helps boost morale, if you can hold the right seat by your second year, it's possible to watch your pay go from $26K to excess of $75K in your second year. Possibly more if you are international.

In early 1990, UPS starting pay was $29,000 ($41,900 in todays dollars)

But max FO pay at the time was $40K, max CA pay was $80.

psysicx said:
I thought people were going to the right seat out of training?

That's the big rumor, although I haven't seen anything official on it yet.

Right seat

FedEx is now hiring guys directly to the right seat of the 727. Last class had around 12 727 FOs, 12 S/Os, and 6-9 DC-10 S/Os. In our last seat bid we had new hires still in S/O training pick up training dates for the right seat of the Boeing. One of my buds was hired in Nov and he held MD-11 F/O at ANC. Not too shabby.

Yeah, ANC goes more JR than MEM. I think LAX does, too. Surprisingly (to me anyway), the Airbus goes much more senior than the MD-11 at FDX. I guess alot of dudes don't like the int'l stuff.

Stop your complaining..... most people would give their left nut to work for brown....especially the furloughed guys. Pay after first year goes way up w/ a great company. Take the job and suck it up for a year and stop f...ing complaining. It sure beats being furloughed........... or flying RJ's for chump change....

Latest resources

Back