• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Airbus down in Birmingham

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still gotta wonder about an on board emergency/fire,some witnesses are claiming flames prior to impact.The fact that there is no distress call to the tower is strange.The black box/FDR will answer many questions hopefully.

I'd bet VERY strongly that in the aftermath of the Ocho that burned in in PHL 2007 and UPS 6 in Dubai, any fire onboard a browntail would have resulted in many, many radio calls.

Witnesses are notoriously unreliable...another said it sounded like the engines were running out of fuel...

I'd bet VERY strongly that in the aftermath of the Ocho that burned in in PHL 2007 and UPS 6 in Dubai, any fire onboard a browntail would have resulted in many, many radio calls.

Witnesses are notoriously unreliable...another said it sounded like the engines were running out of fuel...

I read that as well.I was wondering about the effects of burning cargo on the ability of the engines to run.
Another possibility could be a bird ingestion and the flames the witness observed were from compressor stalls.

Just my opinion, but pilots depend too much on inst during visual approaches. With this being possibly the second instance of visual approach issues, maybe visual approaches without inst assistance should be part of training during initial and recurrent.

I agree to a certain extent. On a CAVU daytime visual, no worries. However a night time visual, especially to a "black hole" type runway environment, it can't hurt to fly the charted instrument procedures. Either way, it's way too early for the Monday morning quarterbacking. RIP

Last edited:
No.

This forum is only about collecting advertising revenue and the occasional $10 sign-up fee for the owner.

It's become the Jerry Springer show of aviation message boards and ceased to be relevant a few years ago. I don't know why I even bother coming over here.

I realize you have no way of knowing this, but FlightInfo was started by a Pilot named Mark, who was killed in a plane crash a few years later (about 1997). This site is administered by a friend of Mark's family, with the proceeds going to Mark's wife and family.

Yeah maybe I should,some of you guys seem like a real professional bunch here in regards to this accident discussion. :laugh:

When I posted about the female being on the tape I had no implication that it had anything to do with the crash other than description of the voice heard on the liveatc.net archive.As I said,i think females are better bus drivers.

I'm not busting your chops in regards to this freely democratic contribution to this accident thread.
And I admit a bit of a thread drift here, but I personally have a lot of heat ache when "fellow" professional airmen dumb down this conversation, and industry in general, when you compare us to "bus drivers" and "taxi drivers." It's professionally insulting and shows both a lack of depth and maturity on your part.
You have a lot of growing up to do in regards to your place and contribution to this PROFESSION. You may well presently receive a paycheck for piloting an airplane, but you have yet far to go to call yourself a professional pilot.

I'm not busting your chops in regards to this freely democratic contribution to this accident thread.
And I admit a bit of a thread drift here, but I personally have a lot of heat ache when "fellow" professional airmen dumb down this conversation, and industry in general, when you compare us to "bus drivers" and "taxi drivers." It's professionally insulting and shows both a lack of depth and maturity on your part.
You have a lot of growing up to do in regards to your place and contribution to this PROFESSION. You may well presently receive a paycheck for piloting an airplane, but you have yet far to go to call yourself a professional pilot.

Amen! Just like the young punks I hear on 121.5 playing songs and acting stupid.

Ups

How about getting this thread back on track.

What's the latest on the accident?

I heard they have the boxes but nothing else.

Facts only.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back