• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Up graded Citation Ten coming soon.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Having flown in both in the back and not considering $$, I would sit in the 680 and take my family and vacation baggage over the Lr 45 any day. But that is the decision from the back not the front.

That's analagous to saying you would rather fly in a G-IV than a 680 as the 680 is two cabin sizes bigger and 70% more expensive asset wise than the 45.

The 680 has a smaller cockpit then the 40 series (no lateral knee room, some slopped panel to slice my knee caps off, manual foot pedals, no floor heater, seats worse then a Lear, didn't know that was possible), is 20 years behind in technology (C340 cabin alt controller and C421 panel layout, FADEC engines but no auto rollback on rapid D?), handles like a f!@#$ dump truck on a good day (apologies to Mack truck), has an autopilot that will try to kill you in an overspeed situation, can't fly on V bars, can't display a map on the PFD, APU's that won't stay lit, a cluster fudge of an FMS, fuel tanks that won't fill matched, can't transfer fuel, low wing loading providing a HORRIBLE and MISERABLE ride for the pax and me, and more I could probably remember if I hadn't been out of it for 10 months.

The 680 does short runways (so does the CL30) and climbs great to FL180. After that it dies, won't climb, and won't run over .68 until you're under 6K lbs gas.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware of the short comings in both the LR31 and 40/45 but I'd take a 40 series any day of the week and twice on Sundays over the 680. Hell, I'd be grinning out my ass to leave it forever and get back into a King Air. Nothing about the 680 instills confidence or displays a well thought out airplane.

Again, there were eight of us in initial. The only ones impressed were those coming out of other Citations (mostly X's). The rest of us were scratching our heads wondering Whiskey Tango Fox.

JMHO. YMMV.
Maybe you should take it to a service center for updates because most of what you have complained about has been fixed including the nose overs at high speeds. Besides being a bit heavy on the controls, it does a pretty good job. Few airplanes can takeoff out of a strip under 4000 feet and go coast to coast.

forget the cockpit, that cabin interior is pimp! However, usually when a plane gets "modded" it means its nearing the end of its life, hopefully that's not the case here.

If this plane actually gets to us Netjets, I will bid it. It looks like an amazing ride.
One thing though, I have been flying the Citation line for almost 10yrs, Ultras, Excells, and the X. And yes with out question the interiors they do are substandard, Cessna needs to pull there head out of the hole its in, and build some descent interiors that don't start to fall apart in a yr or less. Like trim falling off is one of the small things. You would think they would have figured that out by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back