Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
U.N.D.

adam_jorgensen said:
By it sounds, if you go to this university, you will for sure get a big airline job later on, but can you get that with any university, even if its correspondence? This is an accreted program, but will it be recognized just as good as somebody graduating from Embry riddle or UND? How do you compare a small backyard flying school to a big national flying university? I want to stay at home and keep my job while I'm still getting my degree. Not only that but the cost to go here is a third less then what it would cost for me to go to UND.
U.N.D. and ERAU are very comparable. Both have a "name" in the industry. ERAU is pricey; I don't know how ERAU compares to U.N.D. in terms of cost, but I'd hazard a guess that U.N.D. might be less money because it is a state school. In addition, a place like U.N.D will offer internships that could prove to be very valuable to your flying career. As the Mastercard commercial goes, paraphrased, "U.N.D. tuition? $60,000.00. The internship you get by being a U.N.D. flight student? Priceless."

Harbor no notions that graduating from U.N.D. will guarantee you an airline job. But an Aeronautical Science degree from there could be helpful.

If you could scrape up the money to go to U.N.D. you should do it. But it's more important that you get a degree in something from an accredited college or university, just as you're planning.

Hope that helps.

Tuition is less at UND when compared to Riddle, especially if you reside in a state with reciprocity or change your residence to ND. Flying costs are comparably expensive at both schools. $1.50 pitcher night at the Down-Under:) As I recall, that's what it cost when I went there and I graduated in '90!. Ahh, but what else is there to do in the Forks in the middle of winter.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back