• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Pilot Dies After Inflight Heart Attack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People don't normally see death coming, but now you know what to look for.

If death comes to me in the form of a goat backing up and onto my johnson, I'm pretty sure I don't WANT to see that coming. Especially if I'm flying a plane at the time.

Jes' sayin'.

Bubba

Yes, you caught me when I jokingly said I was on on food stamps, of course that was not true, but I think everyone knew that was just that, an overstatement to humorously make a point that there are retired pilots who lost everything and they truly are on food stamps.

Your previous words:
Flopgut:

What's your problem? I lost my pension and retired into poverty (PBGC and food stamps) at age-60 when I was perfectly healthy and could have flown for 5 more years helping my kid with his college tuition and providing for my family.

No one took your comment as 'jokingly'. Just another lie from you.

I have thrown you multiple olive branches over the years. You chose to spit in my face. Mulitple times. I now refuse to give you quarter, so stop begging for it.

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it'.
- Warren Buffett
You've trashed your reputation so many times that Don Rostenkowski has a better reputation than you.

Go away. You have not been relevant for years and your have so deeply tarnished your reputation that no one who has spent any time investigating your past has any respect for you.

You have gone to great lengths to make me your enemy. But I don't see you as an enemy; you are merely a parasitic gnat whom I derive pleasure in pointing out your blatant lies. In your case, I find schadenfreude to be very pleasurable in both your lies here and your future in retirement.

Your previous words:

No one took your comment as 'jokingly'. Just another lie from you.

I wasn't sure... Then he admits he was joking!? I can't believe he doesn't know better than to joke about that. He is obviously even more out of touch with reality than I could have imagined. He has no idea how bad things actually got for a lot of pilots *as a direct result of age 65!*What an ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
In your case, I find schadenfreude to be very pleasurable in both your lies here and your future in retirement.

Is this schadenfreude anything like fahrvernugen or is it completely different?

Thanks for the entertainment, guys...right when I was beginning to suffer from the boredom of "post 'Breaking Bad' syndrome"...:cartman:

Thanks for the entertainment, guys...right when I was beginning to suffer from the boredom of "post 'Breaking Bad' syndrome"...:cartman:

For Entertainment:
1. Go to FI.com
2. Without looking at title, click on last page of thread.
3. Read entire page.
4. Try to determain what title or subject of thread is.

At first, most your guesses will be "Your Airline Sucks and Your an Idiot" but play through it. :D

I've also been on strike, through 2 bankruptcies, busted my ass to get where I'm at. I grew up in Mississippi from a family where most people didn't finish high school. My dad never saw me play one baseball game growing up because he worked 80 hours as a welder to save money to help whatever way he could to help me go to college. I also was on food stamps and even homeless for a 8 week period. In college (got a full ride scholarship) I played baseball and busted my ass in 2 jobs to pay for my flight training. In my airline, I paid my dues also. I also have an ALPA battle star. So what you're saying is because I'm only 36 I should shut up and deal with it? I say HELL no! I am just entitled to my upgrade as the next person. I've been at my major airline for 9 years. I should've upgraded 2 years ago. Yet I fly with guys who are 63 who are talking about their new boat or new house on the lake. I am blessed to be at a great airline making good pay. But I should be making more as a captain...helping the same dad who busted his ass to get me out of hell and to help me succeed! So...are there guys who have been screwed out there? Yes! But don't be so self centered to think that just because we are younger we aren't entitled to what we deserve. That is such a selfish and elitist thing to say.

This pretty is pretty typical of the argument the anti 65 crowd makes. Thousands of pilots had their pensions stolen with little warning and at an age were it's impossible to save enough in DC plan to make it up. The retirement plans for most we're changed to DC plans that favor younger pilots. Younger pilots now have the option of working to age 65 if they want and every year later in their career means huge gains to their DC plan.
Yet you are incensed that you didn't upgrade after 7 years with your company and had to spend an extra few years in the right seat. That sounds pretty "selfish and elitist " to me. Let a guy at 59 be kicked to the street (and denied Social Security till he is 62) just after his pension has been stolen rather than wait a couple years to upgrade. Amazing.

This pretty is pretty typical of the argument the anti 65 crowd makes. Thousands of pilots had their pensions stolen with little warning and at an age were it's impossible to save enough in DC plan to make it up. The retirement plans for most we're changed to DC plans that favor younger pilots. Younger pilots now have the option of working to age 65 if they want and every year later in their career means huge gains to their DC plan.
Yet you are incensed that you didn't upgrade after 7 years with your company and had to spend an extra few years in the right seat. That sounds pretty "selfish and elitist " to me. Let a guy at 59 be kicked to the street (and denied Social Security till he is 62) just after his pension has been stolen rather than wait a couple years to upgrade. Amazing.

Dan: As I have said before, all anyone has to do is open Flying the Line and start reading any page. Throughout that book your generation fumbles and fights through all sorts of issues that by today's standards would be non events. In a far less desperate time, you're generation barely made it to the airport. You are not even close to the hero you imagine you are. Your generation could not have handled this at all.

Btw: This guy can't take SS until 67. Since that's a full 50% of the rational in your post, does that change your mind at all? I think I already know the answer...

Last edited:
Dan: As I have said before, all anyone has to do is open Flying the Line and start reading any page. Throughout that book your generation fumbles and fights through all sorts of issues that by today's standards would be non events. In a far less desperate time, you're generation barely made it to the airport. You are not even close to the hero you imagine you are. Your generation could not have handled this at all.

Btw: This guy can't take SS until 67. Since that's a full 50% of the argue net you made in your post, does that change your mind at all? I think I already know the answer...

Never heard anything about the min. age for SS being raised to 67? It increases then, but far as I know it's still 62. But if it had been increased to 67 I would say all the more important to allow someone to work till they are 65.

Anyone that thinks lumping any one generation as all good or all bad always misses the fact that their are good people from every generation. Angry unhappy people always define themselves with their opinions more than the people they are throwing stones at.

Latest resources

Back