Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines to start requiring minimum stays for nearly all domestic coach seats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I'd rather be furloughed from a company that makes money through capacity reductions and fare increases.

That's worked pretty good for UAL in the last few years huh? If UAL stays in business for 30 more years, would yall even make back the billions you've lost in the last 5 years? Don't hate us or anyone else, your execs BLOW!

pipejockey, you can attack me or think I am not worthy of an opinion because of where I work. I am also a consumer, I have a voice. Good luck to you, where you fly and where you live. Peace to you and your family. Our realities are not that much different.

SWA kicks ass. Plain and simple. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow.

Gup
flamesuit on

Man...I gotta raise my glass of courvossier to the Gupsta! Homey, I don't know who you are...but with cojones like that, I bet the bus station skanks just luv you!!

In the end the consumer will determine what tickets prices will be. And if the airlines raise prices enought to leave room in thier margins for someone else to start an airline, a new airline will start.

In the end the consumer will determine what tickets prices will be. And if the airlines raise prices enought to leave room in thier margins for someone else to start an airline, a new airline will start.

Actually, King Fahd and the OPEC ministers will determine what about 75% of the ticket price will be. The Federal government will determine a significant portion of it via taxes, as will the local government (gates, landing fees, security fees, etc.). Then Boeing, Airbus, and International Lease Finance Corp. will determine another big part of it via aircraft lease pricing. Once all of that is done, inept CEOs will screw up dealing with the meager few percent of the price that they can really control.

PIPE

Actually, King Fahd and the OPEC ministers will determine what about 75% of the ticket price will be.

PIPE

Not true at least at this point. I just booked a relative positive space round-trip from DTW to MCO and back on one of the discount sites for $227 and some change. Trip down was on NWA direct, trip back was on LCC with a stop in CLT.

You telling me that fare even comes close to "75%" of the gas?

By the way putting relatives on stand-by passes these days is a waste of time and makes no sense.

\
And oh, sorry, I thought you were aware that the airline industry was generally a successful industry that paid their labor well prior to 1978 when it was regulated and not subject to free market forces. An airline job was once a coveted job, especially amongst pilots. Now it is an embarrassment, such that I try to avoid, and deflect all talk of "what I do for a living" when the topic comes up.

Back in 1977, Tom Bebee (chairman Delta Airlines) and Dave Garret (President Delta Airlines), well respected airline men, warned then, and adematley opposed airline deregulation. Delta was the only major opposed to the act. Deregulation falls on the shoulders of a Democratic President, Jimmy Carter, and a Democratically controlled congress and their hinchman Alfred Kahn.

By requiring a stay for economy seats it means a business traveller is "incentivised" to purchase a business class seat in order to make it there and back in one day...!!! Won't affect the normal leisure traveller cause they are gonna do the overnight anyways but the business guy/gal will have to pay for the business seat instead of the "cheap" economy seat to get out and back quickly.

Exactly. The though is that the business traveler is not an optional traveler. If they are traveling for one day they have to be where ever it is there going. This also use to apply on some airlines unless you stayed over a weekend. In that case there was no way around it. Mon-Fri you paid more to travel.

This scam was outlined in "Hard Landing". Not sure who or what airline though it up, but Bob Crandall comes to mind.

By requiring a stay for economy seats it means a business traveller is "incentivised" to purchase a business class seat in order to make it there and back in one day...!!! Won't affect the normal leisure traveller cause they are gonna do the overnight anyways but the business guy/gal will have to pay for the business seat instead of the "cheap" economy seat to get out and back quickly.

Who are you?

Why are you here?

You are rational and make sense.

There is no place for people like you on FI.

Go away.

Latest resources

Back