Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines to start requiring minimum stays for nearly all domestic coach seats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.........interesting, keep poking your income stream in the belly....

Ok, how about just doing what they should have done ages ago like doubling fares. Providing your service to the "income stream" for less than cost has been going on too long. I have absolutely no respect or consideration for the "income stream" who have had their low fares at the expense of my pay.

What needs to be done is to do away with these despicable little websites like travelocity, orbitz and the like. Deal with the airlines websites directly or through a travel agent. It shouldn't be allowed that you go to a website and put in a city pairing, and out come the flights from cheapest(of course) to most expensive. All an airline has to do is raise a fare 10 to 20 bucks and they don't even appear on the first page. And we all know the society we live in these days, no one is going to go to the 2nd page. People are just a bunch of cheap a** slugs. How is it that these websites are allowed to exist? Why do the airlines allow it when it is in their best interest to eliminate them.

Ok, how about just doing what they should have done ages ago like doubling fares. Providing your service to the "income stream" for less than cost has been going on too long. I have absolutely no respect or consideration for the "income stream" who have had their low fares at the expense of my pay.

What needs to be done is to do away with these despicable little websites like travelocity, orbitz and the like. Deal with the airlines websites directly or through a travel agent. It shouldn't be allowed that you go to a website and put in a city pairing, and out come the flights from cheapest(of course) to most expensive. All an airline has to do is raise a fare 10 to 20 bucks and they don't even appear on the first page. And we all know the society we live in these days, no one is going to go to the 2nd page. People are just a bunch of cheap a** slugs. How is it that these websites are allowed to exist? Why do the airlines allow it when it is in their best interest to eliminate them.

Ok, well, wow...

Sorry, I thought you knew we had an economy based on free market forces. My bad.

Ok, well, wow...

Sorry, I thought you knew we had an economy based on free market forces. My bad.

We do, that is for every other industry. What other business continually and without fail, offer their goods and services at a loss? None!! Getting rid of internet pricing would be the first step in correcting this industry. How can you possibly be a pilot and approve of it's current pricing policies?

And oh, sorry, I thought you were aware that the airline industry was generally a successful industry that paid their labor well prior to 1978 when it was regulated and not subject to free market forces. An airline job was once a coveted job, especially amongst pilots. Now it is an embarrassment, such that I try to avoid, and deflect all talk of "what I do for a living" when the topic comes up.

Last edited:
We do, that is for every other industry. What other business continually and without fail, offer their goods and services at a loss? None!! Getting rid of internet pricing would be the first step in correcting this industry. How can you possibly be a pilot and approve of it's current pricing policies?

And oh, sorry, I thought you were aware that the airline industry was generally a successful industry that paid their labor well prior to 1978 when it was regulated and not subject to free market forces. An airline job was once a coveted job, especially amongst pilots. Now it is an embarrassment, such that I try to avoid, and deflect all talk of "what I do for a living" when the topic comes up.

Would you rather work for a company that continually loses money or be furloughed from a company that makes money because it raised it's fares and cut capacity by 35%?

Industry evolves. Those willing to accept that and adapt accordingly will be the happiest and most successful. Just ask anyone from the union of your local wood-spoked wheel manufacturer.

Remember a few years ago when Delta changed it's pricing and dropped all overnight requirements and walk up fares? I guess it worked as well as Song and Ted. Guess what, we are going back to the way it was a decade ago. Higher fares and minimum stays are back, hopefully late 90's profits will come back as well...................

Well if I can't pay the price that I want to pay - I guess I'll just find another way. More than $200 from NY to CA is airway robbery.

We do, that is for every other industry. What other business continually and without fail, offer their goods and services at a loss? A business that should and will be bankrupt, let the free market set the field, those that can't hang, like the company you work for evidently, should fail so pricing can return to an acceptable level!! Getting rid of internet pricing would be the first step in correcting this industry. How? People will just go back to calling. How can you possibly be a pilot and approve of it's current pricing policies? I don't set the pricing, i fly the jet, I am the pilot, I have no say in those issues, neither do you, the sooner you realize that, the happier you will be, or not...

And oh, sorry, I thought you were aware that the airline industry was generally a successful industry that paid their labor well prior to 1978 when it was regulated and not subject to free market forces. And the days when less than 8% flew, now it's something like 80%. An airline job was once a coveted job, especially amongst pilots. Now it is an embarrassment, such that I try to avoid, and deflect all talk of "what I do for a living" when the topic comes up. Seems to me you need to go back to pipelaying so you won't be embarrassed

Partner, we have no say on pricing. If your so down on this job, go find something you can be happy with, really.

Latest resources

Back