• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines pilot briefly detained after lowerin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny how we as Americans expect others to respect our rules when visiting the USA, but how disrespectful we are to other countries rules when we visit them. And we wonder why the rest of the world hates us.

Funny how we as Americans expect others to respect our rules when visiting the USA, but how disrespectful we are to other countries rules when we visit them. And we wonder why the rest of the world hates us.

I don't respect our rules either....We have all become politically correct disfunctional nations...Security is a joke all over.

If the rest of the world "hates" us, then why do they come to us for help?

I don't respect our rules either....We have all become politically correct disfunctional nations...Security is a joke all over.

If the rest of the world "hates" us, then why do they come to us for help?

Money.

And governments asking other governments for help is far different than citizens respecting other nations citizens.

Money.

And governments asking other governments for help is far different than citizens respecting other nations citizens.

We don't have any money either...Everyone is writing rubber checks.

WW1, WW2, Cold War, Haiti...everyone comes to America with their hat in hand and we are broke too...

As far as "rules", all the security rules are stupid....Profile, leave crews alone, and let passengers carry liquids, nail clippers, and "sharp objects"....This all for show and does nothing but inconveniance people...

"WW1, WW2, Cold War, Haiti...everyone comes to America with their hat in hand and we are broke too..."

I'm sorry, but this Fox News History Revision is just too much!
WW1: We came in in 17' with a handfull of men.
WW2: We came in after WE got bombed (1 full year after the start of the war), nobody came and begged. And the war could have never been won without the Russians either.
Cold War: everything we did was for our own interests.
And Haiti: how about just being a good neighbor, isn't that a value we cherish?
Not to take away from everything we did, but to insinuate that we were just helping others is just as arrogant as it is ignorant.

To come back to the thread, anyone who travels a lot knows that you can't act the same way abroad as you act at Home. Once you cross the border, you also become an ambassador.

not everyone things so

"WW1, WW2, Cold War, Haiti...everyone comes to America with their hat in hand and we are broke too..."

Cold War: everything we did was for our own interests.
Funny I had a lady coming through my P3 on a tour a couple years ago. I was talking about flying against the Soviet subs during the Cold War. She was from Czechoslovakia and said in very broken English, "tank yu tank yu, I brayed ebry nite that the US wold neber gibe up against the ruusians, yu made them go away, I free to cum to america, I so habby yu neber quit, I now be free tank yu tank yu" She probably felt different than Fox

What an insult to the Czech people. Can you specify the year she broke her english for you and your ego?
July 2008, it was very touching you should have been there. She was a idealistic teenager in the summer of 1968 when the Czech's tried to move away from the Soviet Union. She talked about having all her possessions taken away, friends deported, people killed by the Russians in the streets, family seperated but then again you might be one that would have actually liked living under the Soviets.

Last edited:
July 2008, it was very touching you should have been there. She was a idealistic teenager in the summer of 1968 when the Czech's tried to move away from the Soviet Union. She talked about having all her possessions taken away, friends deported, people killed by the Russians in the streets, family seperated but then again you might be one that would have actually liked living under the Soviets.

Big surprise. ALPA leaders that show contempt for the line pilot. Who would have thought, no voting and terrorizing the populace.. They have a lot in common to celebrate.

Latest resources

Back