• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines pilot briefly detained after lowerin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When security was tightened in Brazil right after September 11, an AA pilot flip the bird at a camera when taking a required picture after arriving in Brazil.
All the country's citizens have to abide by the rules, but Mr. American and United pilots are better than average. It shows disrespect and arrogance when acting in such a manner. If you don't agree with the procedure, there are other channels to get your message across. I have being flying in the US for over 10 years now and always remove my belt prior to security screening.
America is one of the greatest country in the world and everybody knows that. What creates animosity against americans abroad is the mentality that everybody should kiss their feet as they walk by.
If I have an BMW and you have a Honda Civic, there is no argument which is the better car. Anyone knows. But the moment I start going out of my way to shove in your face all the extra features that my BMW has and your p.o.s Civic doesn't is when I have crossed the line.
Study world history just a bit and you will find out why America is so "charitable" towards a lot of countries. Nothing is free my friend. Politics as usual.

I'd take a Honda over a BMW/MB any day. I'd be getter a more relaible car and could invest the $20,000 I saved on the hood ornament.

How did this go from a United guy pulling his pants down (again, only on FI.com)...and a Honda Civic/BMW contest....wow.

How did this go from a United guy pulling his pants down (again, only on FI.com)...and a Honda Civic/BMW contest....wow.
must have something to do with a college education, having one or not having one

We don't have any money either...Everyone is writing rubber checks.

WW1, WW2, Cold War, Haiti...everyone comes to America with their hat in hand and we are broke too...

As far as "rules", all the security rules are stupid....Profile, leave crews alone, and let passengers carry liquids, nail clippers, and "sharp objects"....This all for show and does nothing but inconveniance people...

Joe Merchants attitude is why this country is starting to suck....Let me guess you watch Hannity, Limbaugh and Beck?

Remember people YOU are the government. So blame yourselves when you can't or won't work together for a solution to our problems.

Joe Merchants attitude is why this country is starting to suck....Let me guess you watch Hannity, Limbaugh and Beck?

Remember people YOU are the government. So blame yourselves when you can't or won't work together for a solution to our problems.

Guess again. Politicians don't run this country, big banks do.

"WW1, WW2, Cold War, Haiti...everyone comes to America with their hat in hand and we are broke too..."

I'm sorry, but this Fox News History Revision is just too much!
WW1: We came in in 17' with a handfull of men.
WW2: We came in after WE got bombed (1 full year after the start of the war), nobody came and begged. And the war could have never been won without the Russians either.
Cold War: everything we did was for our own interests.
And Haiti: how about just being a good neighbor, isn't that a value we cherish?
Not to take away from everything we did, but to insinuate that we were just helping others is just as arrogant as it is ignorant.

To come back to the thread, anyone who travels a lot knows that you can't act the same way abroad as you act at Home. Once you cross the border, you also become an ambassador.

Well said.

...and it was two years after the start.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back